Discuss Trying to have Chinese keyboard and fix Contacts. at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Dear all,
I had previously upgraded, (or rather downgraded, upgraded, unlocked and updated) to firmware ...
Trying to have Chinese keyboard and fix Contacts.
I had previously upgraded, (or rather downgraded, upgraded, unlocked and updated) to firmware 1.1.2 following this LONG guide http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html
And following the guide, I had subsequently installed iWorld.
I have some little nitty gritty to fix. The phone is working fine, youtube, call-in/out, sms is ok. But I have been unable to use NativeCN or any Chinese keyboard on 1.1.2. Pardon me if there isn't a way still and that I'm being impatient for not waiting for developments. But I believe NativeCN was released for 1.1.2 (maybe just iPod Touch only, unsure). Also, SMS, contacts has been acting up on me. Basically, numbers with +65 (e.g country codes) won't reflect the name in the contacts. e.g. ppl calling me that has +65 is totally ignored by phonebook, SMSes with +65 as well.
I have been gooooggling around for solutions, but guess there was no quick fixed. Have tried
a) NativeCN fixes (won't work)
b) changing AppSupport.framework (no difference observed)
c) tried installing cynix.org's International Keyboard but was greeted with 'Error: Main Script Execution Faiiled'
Would like to seek some advice / help to fix the problems: basically
1) Chinese Keyboard
2) Fix the Contacts so that I won't have to key in TWO different number for each contact (I really really reallly really really really don't want to do that for 1812 contacts with more than 2000++ numbers.)
Thank you in advance. (oh am I long-winded)
I guess NativeCN should be working fine since it's actually developed using the Japanese keyboard which was originally installed in iphone. what kinda problem you had on it? Did it crash after pressing the earth key?
or you better go here for help: http://www.iphone.org.hk/cgi-bin/ch/forum_show.cgi
For the number matching did you change your region format to Singapore? Because it worked for me after I switched it to my country and no need for any other fixing.
Originally Posted by lifesuk
Nope. I've switched to Singapore. But still does not work for number matching. iWorld only fixes the crashing problem. It does not resolve the numbers matching problem in MobileSMS and MobilePhone.
I am thinking of one solution. Don't know if it would work. see below, people, please advise before i proceed.
1) restore current unlocked and fully functioning 1.1.2 iPhone, to 1.1.2 (hoping that it removes all third-party applications particularly iWorld)
OR downgrade restore to 1.1.1 (also hoping that it removes third-party applications)
2) if restoring to 1.1.2 gives me an unlocked but jailed phone, then i shall jailbreak using the jailbreak.jar
downgraded to 1.1.1, to jailbreak and install BSD Subsystem, etc. in order to install Oktoprep for 1.1.2
3) and of course unlock the phone on 1.1.1. before 'upgrading' back to 1.1.2 through iTunes.
4) if I could get it back to 1.1.2, unlocked but jailed. Then i could solve the phone sms crashing using the manual AppSupport way?? That would resolve both the crashing and numbers matching problem?
Thank you for anyone who can advise!! = )
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 10-27-2010, 04:00 AM
By kci23 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Last Post: 10-03-2007, 06:45 AM