Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Discuss there is a guy in my block unlocking Iphones 1.1.2 for $100 i will pay you $50 PLEASE at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by googs wouldnt it make sense for them to let ppl buy the ...
  1. #31
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googs View Post
    wouldnt it make sense for them to let ppl buy the phones as they still make profit on top of ATT?
    no, because they want to make individual contracts around the world with selected providers. The less unlocked iphones around the world, the more commission they get per new customer


  2. #32
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfw06 View Post
    Here is my Story. Hope some of y'all can learn from it.

    I bought a used 8GB iphone on fleabay for $380. I unlocked it and put all the goodies into it. A friend of mine wants an iphone, So i told him. $400 for this used iphone. I only make $20 for all the things i have done to it. I explained to him that Brand New iphone at apple store can't be unlocked. He told me that, there is a guy can unlock brand new iphone for $50 (he talked to this guy). ....SO he didn't buy my used iphone for $400, but went to apple and bought one for $432 included tax. He took it to the guy to unlock for $50. 2 hours later, he called me and said that it can't be unlock and he has to return to apple for a small fees....

    meanwhile, my used 8GB iphone is sold to someone else. !!! he ends up with nothing. Poor friend.
    what an idiot. paid $39 re-stocking fee, hahaha

  3. #33
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Unlockers in Brooklyn...???

    lol...

    Unlocking your pockets is more like it...

  4. #34
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woomwireless View Post
    Well... there is definitely something going on here... A customer from the Dominican Republic just bought some 1.1.2's from me saying that someone from the local tel. company has been unlocking the new version. He showed me his wk 45 iphone running 1.1.2 on T-Mobile here in the US. It did look like a legit OTB.

    I personally thought he was BS'ing but now I am starting to doubt it...

    I spend hours online and hours trying to unlock my 1.1.2 and if someone is already unlocking them by now, I would feel VERY stupid
    it's true about people in DR buying lots of phones...but i'm convinced they can't do any better than the rest of us on here right now...
    surely it was a phone with the old booloader

  5. #35
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfw06 View Post
    Here is my Story. Hope some of y'all can learn from it.

    I bought a used 8GB iphone on fleabay for $380. I unlocked it and put all the goodies into it. A friend of mine wants an iphone, So i told him. $400 for this used iphone. I only make $20 for all the things i have done to it. I explained to him that Brand New iphone at apple store can't be unlocked. He told me that, there is a guy can unlock brand new iphone for $50 (he talked to this guy). ....SO he didn't buy my used iphone for $400, but went to apple and bought one for $432 included tax. He took it to the guy to unlock for $50. 2 hours later, he called me and said that it can't be unlock and he has to return to apple for a small fees....

    meanwhile, my used 8GB iphone is sold to someone else. !!! he ends up with nothing. Poor friend.
    This is what I anticipate happening if anyone deals with that guy.

    PleaseHelpMe, if your phone is already opened and you have a free hour or two, it might be worth a shot. Worst case, you waste your time; best case, your phone gets unlocked and you can help the rest of the forum figure out how it was done.


  6. #36
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parcero View Post
    it's true about people in DR buying lots of phones...but i'm convinced they can't do any better than the rest of us on here right now...
    surely it was a phone with the old booloader
    There is definitly a way into the new bootloader. But the prob is if this can also be done by john doe.

    But what the heck: why are we still dealing with patching the baseband firm? Let's just use the Hyper-Card or the Turbo-SIM. Everything works perfect with these solutions without having to worry about how to perform the next upgrade and revirginize and downgrade and recovery mode and all that shit...

    it seems like Apple releases updates very frequently - almost every 6-8 weeks - I would prefer to not have all that hazzle. and I think TurboSim or HyperCard is the best trade-off...

  7. #37
    Senior Professional Array Nikolas.A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    the thing is people are having some difiiculties with turbosim + the extra cost.Some complain that 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 isnt working for them.That why we prefer to use a soft unlock!

  8. #38
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas.A View Post
    the thing is people are having some difiiculties with turbosim + the extra cost.Some complain that 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 isnt working for them.That why we prefer to use a soft unlock!
    I wonder how it comes. Here in germany people sell original locked US phones for 580-620 (package still sealed!). For an unlocked and prepped phone which you don't know what has been tempered with people pay 650-720eurons.

    so the TurboSIM is 80euros incl s/h/i (at least within europe, don't know the quote for the US or anywhere else, but I doubt it will be much more expensive).

    Means all in all for most of the people the same price. OK you can now argue: most of the people are direct importers from the us. So they pay all in all only 400euros for a phone... but really: all of us would have imported it aswell if it had had costed 500 or 600 in total...

    and the technical part: I have unlocked 13 phones by now (softunlock - iphone dev team: best regards - you rule guys).

    I always read about problems here and there but I never had them during up,- downgrading or revirginizining. Why that? I think only because I read again and again before doing anything... The only thing I am getting lazy off is to have issues with the baseband again and again when updates are egtting released. There is no elegant way until now into hacking the NCK...

    Nonetheless: iphone dev team did very great work. Without you guys I would still use my old Motorola ;-)

  9. #39
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mashoutposse View Post
    This is what I anticipate happening if anyone deals with that guy.

    PleaseHelpMe, if your phone is already opened and you have a free hour or two, it might be worth a shot. Worst case, you waste your time; best case, your phone gets unlocked and you can help the rest of the forum figure out how it was done.
    Okay, i figured out what he does. It's all bs. He had a whole bunch of 1.1.1's and when you came to him to unlock, he would kill some time, take your $100 and give you a ready unlocked 1.1.1 iphone instead of 1.1.2 (so he will keep your iphone lol and give you another one and charge you $100 for that. I finally got to talk to him and ask him why so i dont tell all those people that those are not their iphones and he goes, i can sell these brand new sealed iphones more on ebay and those that are opened will sell again when unlock comes out, so why not make $100 extra per phone and make myself a little famous hahaha. What a retard. Ripping noobs of. Well, i heard he stopped "unlocking" now. Either he ran out of 1.1.1's or got his ass kicked. hahaha

  10. #40
    Senior Professional Array tramuyo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    theres another guy in my country, he claim that he can unlock 1.1.3 iphones and got 2 unlocked, anyone that wants their email for spamming or bulls***, just give me a PM


 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Apple continues to block 3G VoIP on iPhones
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
  2. Problems unlocking 1.1.2 OTB iPhones???
    By Pajaro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. unlocking older iphones
    By boy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
  4. Is unlocking iphones ilegal?
    By jnd3344 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 05:43 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:46 PM.
twitter, follow us!