Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
Discuss there is a guy in my block unlocking Iphones 1.1.2 for $100 i will pay you $50 PLEASE at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; can you say, lock?...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    can you say, lock?


  2. #12
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mashoutposse View Post
    i called, its bullshit guys, sorry
    what did he say?

  3. #13
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What a pity.

  4. #14
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseHelpMe View Post
    what did he say?
    He claimed to be able to unlock them, but he knew nothing about "bootloaders." I got the strong impression that he had never even heard the term before. I think he literally said, "Bootloader? What's that?" :p I highly doubt someone like that guy knows how to deal with a 1.1.2 OTB phone.

  5. #15
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mashoutposse View Post
    He claimed to be able to unlock them, but he knew nothing about "bootloaders." I got the strong impression that he had never even heard the term before. I think he literally said, "Bootloader? What's that?" :p I highly doubt someone like that guy knows how to deal with a 1.1.2 OTB phone.
    should i risk taking my phone to him? i think i might tomorrow. I might take it to him and if anything try to record it and post it if he does it. I dont know, 2 complete opp people claiming they can do it, i might try to confirm tomorrow


  6. #16
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'd say maybe he knew just enough to be installing turbosims, but if he's charging 100 bucks, that would barely cover the hardware, let alone the cost of his "labor".

    Besides, if an unlock is gonna come out - it's making its rounds on this site before it hits the dude down the block in NY

  7. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseHelpMe View Post
    should i risk taking my phone to him? i think i might tomorrow. I might take it to him and if anything try to record it and post it if he does it. I dont know, 2 complete opp people claiming they can do it, i might try to confirm tomorrow
    I would say go for it, it won't hurt... Whorse thing that can happen is that you've got a jailbroken and ativated iPhone. Now you have a really expenssive iPod Touch....
    53 iPhones with 1.0.2 unlocked
    125 iPhones with 1.1.1 unlocked

  8. #18
    Senior Professional Array woomwireless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Miami - FL
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Well... there is definitely something going on here... A customer from the Dominican Republic just bought some 1.1.2's from me saying that someone from the local tel. company has been unlocking the new version. He showed me his wk 45 iphone running 1.1.2 on T-Mobile here in the US. It did look like a legit OTB.

    I personally thought he was BS'ing but now I am starting to doubt it...

    I spend hours online and hours trying to unlock my 1.1.2 and if someone is already unlocking them by now, I would feel VERY stupid

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i really think if this was true there would be a major Sticky on the subject, i don't see anything anywhere
    53 iPhones with 1.0.2 unlocked
    125 iPhones with 1.1.1 unlocked

  10. #20
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woomwireless View Post
    Well... there is definitely something going on here... A customer from the Dominican Republic just bought some 1.1.2's from me saying that someone from the local tel. company has been unlocking the new version. He showed me his wk 45 iphone running 1.1.2 on T-Mobile here in the US. It did look like a legit OTB.

    I personally thought he was BS'ing but now I am starting to doubt it...

    I spend hours online and hours trying to unlock my 1.1.2 and if someone is already unlocking them by now, I would feel VERY stupid
    if what you are saying is true, then maybe this little bizzare story might be true. Hopefully they give me time of from work tomorrow, and i will try to play this little game with my iphone and see if he can unlock it


 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Apple continues to block 3G VoIP on iPhones
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
  2. Problems unlocking 1.1.2 OTB iPhones???
    By Pajaro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. unlocking older iphones
    By boy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
  4. Is unlocking iphones ilegal?
    By jnd3344 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 05:43 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:23 AM.
twitter, follow us!