i got a 2g iphone with the firmware 1.1.4 and now can not ssh into the phone after some some not-so-wise moves i have taken. can you pinpoint my mistake?
1. i changed the default password (alpine) which led to the infinite-loop-on-screen problem.
2. i reverted to the default password by easily sshing into the phone and overwriting two password files. (master.passwd and passwd files under /etc)
3. after that everything works fine just like prior to default password change
4. then i use winscp and save the password (alpine) for ssh login and from that moment on, i cannot ssh into the iphone. and the local terminal program ends with a "process completed" error message.
5. i have upgraded openssh to the latest but still cannot ssh. i know that i can go for the latest firmware but is it possible to ssh without upgrade? i need to save some files which otherwise will be gone forever...
thanks for reading and your possible solution suggesstions...