Page 20 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1316
Discuss [Solution] International/local caller ID matching at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by bard108 i got it from a cache of the site while it ...
  1. #191
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bard108 View Post
    i got it from a cache of the site while it was downed
    Are you changing the permissions to 0755 after uploading the file?

    Last night i did it on my 1.1.1 and it worked perfectly, this is what i did:

    1- Extracted the file on a temp directory on my HD.
    2- Connect to teh phone using WinSCP.
    3- Backup the original file from the phone to my HD.
    4- Delete the original file from the phone.
    5- Copy the extracted file from the tem dir in my HD to the phone.
    6- Changed permissions for the file to 0755.
    7- turned the phone off and back on.

    Thats it worked great, i used the 7 digit version.

    I had a 1.0.2 unlocked with anysim 1.1.1 after that i updatet it to 1.1.1 then i ran CARNAVAL but the phone was showing me a "incorrect Sim Error" so i did a restore on the phone using this method:

    1- Turn your iphone off.
    2- Close itunes and kill iTuneshelper.exe on the runing processes.
    3- Open itunes.
    4- Plug your phone into your PC, and as soon as the gray apple appears, press and hold both power and home buttons. Hold for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of just the power button.(If you look very closely, after about 7 seconds the screen will power down and pixelate, this is the lead in to the hidden restore state.) After about another 15 Seconds of holding down the Home button, itunes will find your iphone and say it needs to restore.

    Just restore.

    after that use CARNAVAL to jailbreak and activate and after that WinSCP to upload anysim 1.1.1 and unlock.


  2. #192
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i'm on a mac but i get the idea. how do you change the file permissions? or do i need to get onto a windows machine?

    I havent had a problem with the restore. Independence is actually pretty good for that.

  3. #193
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bard108 View Post
    i'm on a mac but i get the idea. how do you change the file permissions? or do i need to get onto a windows machine?

    I havent had a problem with the restore. Independence is actually pretty good for that.
    Sorry only know how to do it on Windows:

    To change the permissions if you are using WinSCP you just right click on the file chose properties and at the button of the box you'll see an OCTAL box with a number. When i first did it it was showing a number starting wit 06.. dont remember the rest, you just need to change it to 0755 and accept and that's it.

    the other thing you can do is use vt100 terminal directly on your iPhone you can installed from Intaller after that you open it and type:

    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    chmod 0755 AppSupport

    and close terminal and restart the phone.

    Remember vt100 terminal process is directly in your iphone.

  4. #194
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    and do you think this would explain why my phone wouldnt turn on after the restart?

  5. #195
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bard108 View Post
    and do you think this would explain why my phone wouldnt turn on after the restart?
    Well i can't guaranty this will work all i'm saying is how i did it and looking for any diference in the way you did.

    It looks like the only different is you did not changed the permisions. You can try and see.

    Have you try a full restore yet?


  6. #196
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yeah. done the restore and sitting on 1.0.2 at the mo and it's all working fine.

    Just checked the permissions and it is already 0755. it's got read and execute permissions ticked but not write... is that how it should be?

  7. #197
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bard108 View Post
    yeah. done the restore and sitting on 1.0.2 at the mo and it's all working fine.

    Just checked the permissions and it is already 0755. it's got read and execute permissions ticked but not write... is that how it should be?
    ok so right now you are using 1.0.2 and are you uploading the correct file for 1.0.2? remember you have 2 versions one for 1.0.2 and he other one for 1.1.1 you can download again now that the page is up here:

    http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/AppSupport

  8. #198
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    prob not explaining myself 100% well here sorry. I updated to 1.1.1 yesterday. installed the correct version of appsupport-7. restarted my phone and it the hung on the apple logo. restored, downgraded and upgraded (using it unlocked so thats the only way) and tried again with appsupport-8 for 1.1.1. same again. I tried a third time with -9 and exactly the same so i downgraded to 1.0.2 and am keeping it there for the time being with appsupport succesfully loaded.

    I have seen one other report of this so far on modmyiphone and they've been left with putting two versions (one with +44 and one 0x) so they can see who their texts are from. But no real sollution

    I am assuming it is hanging and not just being slow... i gave it about 10mins the first time and it still just sat on the apple screen.

  9. #199
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bard108 View Post
    prob not explaining myself 100% well here sorry. I updated to 1.1.1 yesterday. installed the correct version of appsupport-7. restarted my phone and it the hung on the apple logo. restored, downgraded and upgraded (using it unlocked so thats the only way) and tried again with appsupport-8 for 1.1.1. same again. I tried a third time with -9 and exactly the same so i downgraded to 1.0.2 and am keeping it there for the time being with appsupport succesfully loaded.

    I have seen one other report of this so far on modmyiphone and they've been left with putting two versions (one with +44 and one 0x) so they can see who their texts are from. But no real sollution

    I am assuming it is hanging and not just being slow... i gave it about 10mins the first time and it still just sat on the apple screen.
    Ok well as i said before, i did it on a 1.1.1 using the 7 digit version for the 1.1.1 and the only diference is that i change the permissions to 0755.

    Dont know if this will fix your issue but it worked just fine for me.

  10. #200
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thanks for all the help!!
    As far as i can see the permissions were already set to that so the problem remains unknown. I might try again now the site is live but i'll wait until i can find another phone to put my sim in (i always worry i might miss something)

    Thanks again and i'll let you know how it goes

    Bard


 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 07-13-2009, 03:48 PM
  2. 03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
  3. 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
  4. 03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
  5. 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
  6. 02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
  7. 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
  8. 01-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.3] International Caller ID Problem
    By GreatLicker in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 07:20 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
  3. Caller ID for local numbers... is it possible?
    By nemesis1218 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:48 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
  5. Matching contacts to UK caller ids?
    By jhrfc in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:13 PM.
twitter, follow us!