Discuss So many "ultimate" guides at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I'm tired of reading pages and pages and pages of ultimate unlocking guides. After all ...
So many "ultimate" guides
I'm tired of reading pages and pages and pages of ultimate unlocking guides. After all this i still don't understand 3 things:
1. Is there an unlocking solution for OTB(out of the box) iPhones with 1.1.1 without needing a wifi connection (using Windows)?
2. What is the difference between Virginising and Restoring via iTunes
3. Why some some people that say they make guides include lines like :
-If you want to activate just follow the tutorial on this link
-If you want to blahblah just search the forum
If you want to make a guide, make it from the beginning to the end!
I learned a lot o things here but maybe things should be more organized, and maybe we should start a thread with term definition.
So people can understand even that OTB means, a firmware, virginising, activation, jailbreaking, unlocking, baseband, springboard, etc.
AND quick description of software: independence, iUnlock, AnySIM, iPhuc, winSCP, iBrirkr, install.app, ibrickr, etc. : like that are the steps a certain utility is able to do.
Yes, i know, many of the things are already on the forum. Yes, there is a search feature. But, centralizing the information will help many people and will save us all time: They won't put so many questions (which we would otherwise answer) or search an entire forum a week just to unlock an iphone in 20 minutes.
Lets not forget, some of us are a 'sponge' just waiting to get the latest on news,hacks and software related to the iPhone , but others just need a little help from the community and they (have to) move on to other things (like a non-computer related job).
Last edited by Chupa; 10-23-2007 at 11:05 PM.
"Thanks" for answering to the first 2 issues...
To your questions:
1. Not sure. In my Opinion, it should be possible to restore your Phone to 1.0.2 by Cable, Jailbreak and activate it there, install and apply AnySim 1.1 by Cable, and then restore to 1.1.1. I believe to have read that the Unlock done by AS1.1 is persistant.
2. "Virginizing" means you set everything in the Phone back to Factory State - e.g. including Firmware, Lock-Status, Baseband, whatever you've changed. Restore only means to reapply the Main Firmaware.
An Example: Restore is like if you do a low-level format of your harddisk, reflash the bios chip of GPU and Mainboard, set every user-made properties back to zero. Restore is just reinstalling Windows.
And the Danger-Level by the two different processes is also transferable; when you wrong-flash your Bios or graphic card, like when you wrong-flash your baseband, you're fucked up; when you kill your windows - or do an iTunes-Restore - you are in most cases not-so-fucked-up.
To 3: I think, its really a good idea to collect all informations in one thread; short dicriptions, wich redirects to the similar Topics in the iPhoneDev-Wiki. But i'm not sure, if such a thread didnt exists already - when someone could use the forum search for that...?
PS: Please excuse my bad english, i'm a poor german pupil who tries to get along with his school english.. xD
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
By max9241 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
By [Q] in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-30-2007, 04:23 AM
By JD914 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM