Discuss simfree download at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by zincozinco
how did you install it then???
Connected to iPhone over SSH
Originally Posted by zincozinco
Connected to iPhone over SSH
Transferred iPhoneSIMfree unlock app over SCP
Restarted SpringBoard (iPhone default application launcher)
Ran iPhoneSIMfree app
This is ONLY a test , for it needs IMEI
do u have to do that or can u just install app using winstallergui?
Its working! But for my IPhone it said, that the IPhone already unlocked... (I made HW unlock week ago)
Got the app installed on an locked iPhone, ran fine but obviously complains that its missing the IMEI and I should contact my retailer.
I've tried a TCPDUMP to see what's going on in the background but I think they've cleverly managed to kill all listening thread while communicating with the back office server because my traces always stop at the same time, all I can see is a DNS query to resolve backoffice.iphonesimfree.com then nothing other than broadcast between the different PC in my home network but nothing to the IP of the back office, unless I'm missing something, anyone else tried this?
I tried to run tcpdump from SSH console or even from the iPhone mobile terminal with the nohup command but I get the same...
the url backoffice.iphonesimfree.com is in info.plist
if y mod this url ....
In need of a licensed IMEI or wireshark dump of the license verification, will almost certainly be able to reverse the authentication method afterwards.
Tried IPSF on my HW unlocked iphone and got the message stating it is already unlocked. IPSF seems to have killed some other processes too. I had to reboot the phone just to ssh into it again.
./bbsimfree launches the app if run from ssh. There may be some debug flags, but nothing has worked yet.
following the processes, the only external bin that is launched is kextload and this is when it determines if the phone is unlocked.
the rest of the files: rm, sh, kill are standard bins
if only we had a iphone emulator, then we could snoop
Last edited by kdub3000; 09-11-2007 at 11:46 AM.
- 8gb iPhone HW unlocked to T-mobile on day one (8/25/07).....died in May 2008 due to failed antenna hardware modification (Now it is a iPod Touch)
- Virginized and Unlocked to v1.1.1 on 10/19
- Now:Upgraded to 2.0 on T-mobile
- Discovered the t-zones $5.99 hack (thanks to syasses trick)
- upgrade to 16gb iPhone and pwned it to 2.0 on day one
Does it mean I can't activate it without registering to IPSF nor having a wifi?
There is a few simple steps we have to do to get this working.
Step by step
1. Someone has to buy the software form iphonesimfree.
2. Setup wifi ad-hoc connection between a PC and iPhone.
2.1 Let's say PC has xDSL connection and its routed to iPhone using wifi ad-hoc
2.2 Install wireshark or any other software to capture all the network packages.
3. Make sure that all other application that can/are/etc using internet connection on PC are disabled.
3.1 Check in wireshark that "nothing" happens on network at all.
3.2 Visit a very simple page on iphone using wifi ad-hoc connection and make sure that package are captured in wireshark.
4. Start the unlocking process and hopefully capturing what the iphonesimfree software does on the internet.
4.1 Here we are specially looking for:
4.1.1 Authorization server.
4.1.2 Package to the server with authorization request
4.1.3 Response from the main server to the request
5. Isolate request/respond packages
5.1 Repeat steps on serveral phones in order determ if there is any calculations on the auth server. If so find way to replicate it.
6. Setup "fake" apache/IIS/etc server to replicate request/respond packages
6.1. Here use of PHP/Perl would be great if calculations are needed or even a java application,
7. Redirecting from real server to fake one by editing x:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
8. Posting the solution here for everyone to see
Last edited by gcardinal; 09-11-2007 at 11:52 AM.
By ozzielad in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
By macmonkeypaul in forum General
Last Post: 09-11-2007, 04:09 PM