Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
Discuss Round-up news about OTB iPhone 1.1.2 unlock at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Round-up news about OTB iPhone 1.1.2 unlock

    Here is the point I collected from the forum and all over the internet. I wrote this and hope people know more about OTB iPhone 1.1.2 unlock without asking repeat questions again.

    1. Geohot released a NCK brute force tool. This is a neutral news and may or may not help for out of the box iPhone 1.1.2 unlock.

    2. Out of the box iPhone with firmware 1.1.2 (or we called them the newest OTB iPhone.) cannot be unlocked at the moment. They are having the bootloader 4.6. Old iPhone have the bootloader 3.2. You can use TurboSIM to trick your iPhone and use all the functions completely. But, this is not considered as unlock.

    3. New iNdependence 1.3.1 can help to jailbreak out of the box iPhone 1.1.2, but not the unlock.

    4. If your iPhone have bootloader 3.2 (that means your iPhone originally comes with 1.1.1 firmware or lower), it can be unlocked even upgrade to 1.1.2. Take a look of the iPhone ultimate guide page here. It is all tested under iTunes 7.5.
    5. There are some news saying 2 theoretical exploits found in OTB iPhone 1.1.2. But now it is confirmed this is a very neutral news that may not help for OTB iPhone software unlock.

    6. OTB iPhone 1.1.2 can be unlocked ONLY next new firmware 1.1.3 have the new baseband. That means if the new firmware 1.1.3 is having 04.02.13_G, that means no luck to obtain the “seczone” which is essential to software unlock OTB iPhone 1.1.2.

    7. When will be the next firmware 1.1.3 released? God knows. Rumours are saying the Saturday and apparently it’s a bullshit. Now, wait and see.

    8. A recent video showing a German guy unlock OTB iPhone without using TurboSIM. I cannot confirm it is true or not, but apparently he asked money for solution and you guys should not pay. Other peoples said this guy actually asked some basic hacking techniques in the forum. That means he may probably don’t know how to do it.

    9. France’s official unlocked iPhone is confirmed to be work for other foreign country’s SIM card. That means after you bought France’s official unlocked iPhone, you can use a US SIM card or whatever SIM card you like. iLounge confirmed this. France’s operator Orange, the one who sell the official unlocked iPhone, should work for any carrier all around the world. Only the visual voice mail may not work properly because it depends on the carrier. Another user kevinbr also confirmed this. Hence, iPhone Atlas’s news is WRONG and INCORRECT.

    http://www.winandmac.com/news/weekly...ne-112-unlock/



  2. #2
    Respected Professional Array madrich's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago: Home of the Spire!
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    37

    Thumbs up

    Thanks you I appreciate your updated news post!
    Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!
    iPhone 2G with FW 3.1 and no MMS

  3. #3
    ZuZ
    ZuZ is offline
    Senior Professional Array ZuZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    3.9 not 3.2
    Click on the thumbs up if u find my posts useful

    Working 2.2.1 iPhone in Beirut, Lebanon
    WAP/GPRS?EDGE - Yes
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    Wiggly Icons - Yes
    Google Hybrid Maps - Yes
    Google Faux GPS - Yes
    Multiple SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    WiFi - Yes
    EDGE - Yes
    YouTube App - Yes

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    to old news man

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array cortx7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curitiba - PR - Brazil
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonywe View Post
    to old news man
    It's not supposed to be fresh news, man. The post is supposed to make people read this first, and avoid posting repeated questions on the forum.

    Apple
    sucks.
    Microsoft rules.


    TurboSIM-like methods? No way.

    - Unlocked Week 47 1.1.3 iPhone, baseband 04.04.05_G.
    - Bought in Minneapolis, MN;
    - Currently on TIM carrier.

    I'm not here to find help. I'm here to help others and give back what I've learned from Hackint0sh.


  6. #6
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
    9. France’s official unlocked iPhone is confirmed to be work for other foreign country’s SIM card. That means after you bought France’s official unlocked iPhone, you can use a US SIM card or whatever SIM card you like. iLounge confirmed this. France’s operator Orange, the one who sell the official unlocked iPhone, should work for any carrier all around the world. Only the visual voice mail may not work properly because it depends on the carrier. Another user kevinbr also confirmed this. Hence, iPhone Atlas’s news is WRONG and INCORRECT.
    Just to add an info. For officially unlocked iPhones from France and Germany the same restrictions concerning the use of simcards from "foreign" countries apply as they do for all 1.1.2 iPhones. You can use simcards from USA, Canada, France, UK, Italy, Germany, Japan, China out of the box. Use of others is only working after altering AppSupport etc. many threads here about that. Apple may change that in future firmware versions.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Just to add an info. For officially unlocked iPhones from France and Germany the same restrictions concerning the use of simcards from "foreign" countries apply as they do for all 1.1.2 iPhones. You can use simcards from USA, Canada, France, UK, Italy, Germany, Japan, China out of the box. Use of others is only working after altering AppSupport etc. many threads here about that. Apple may change that in future firmware versions.

    volkspost
    Hi

    I have just finished running a set of tests. You need to install iWorld to effectively use a SIM card from countries not in the above Out of the Box list above.

    The issue is the phone DOES acept the SIM and receive call's and SMS's but the two apps crash, effectively disabling other SIM card use.

    Apple need to fix this, as I am sure it is not acceptable to pay 100 Euros to unlock and then to have to Jailbreak and install iWorld for 90% of French unlocked phone users.

  8. #8
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Just to add an info. For officially unlocked iPhones from France and Germany the same restrictions concerning the use of simcards from "foreign" countries apply as they do for all 1.1.2 iPhones. You can use simcards from USA, Canada, France, UK, Italy, Germany, Japan, China out of the box. Use of others is only working after altering AppSupport etc. many threads here about that. Apple may change that in future firmware versions.

    volkspost
    Modified and added. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuZ View Post
    3.9 not 3.2
    Thanks and edited.

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbr View Post
    Hi

    I have just finished running a set of tests. You need to install iWorld to effectively use a SIM card from countries not in the above Out of the Box list above.

    The issue is the phone DOES acept the SIM and receive call's and SMS's but the two apps crash, effectively disabling other SIM card use.

    Apple need to fix this, as I am sure it is not acceptable to pay 100 Euros to unlock and then to have to Jailbreak and install iWorld for 90% of French unlocked phone users.
    i dont get it. on one hand you say these iPhone work with sim from france and on the other hand you say that 90% of the french iphone users need to jailbreak to get to work.

    could you please clarify. thanx.

    i am going to france in january and planning to get one there. just let me know if it will work in germany.


 

 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone Unlock v1.1.2 (OTB)..........any news????
    By italian in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
  4. Any News on How to Unlock an OOTB iPhone FW1.1.2?
    By Mac25 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:06 AM.
twitter, follow us!