Discuss Relock iPhone at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; How can I relock my iPhone? I have the iUnlock coomand line tool on my ...
How can I relock my iPhone? I have the iUnlock coomand line tool on my phone, but is there an old firmware I can use so that my phone is locked again (locked to AT&T). I originally unlocked my iPhone to make sure it was posisble before I purchased my GF one for her to use on T-Mobile. Now I want to relock my phone so that it looks ok to Apple's furutre updates.
I figure this is possible, I just need the correct fls file and nor dump so that it is the same as a default iPhone. If someone can post those, then I can run through the steps to unlock my iPhone using these new files.
Last edited by jayzee; 09-25-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Those instructions don't work. Tried it 4 times. Still get invalid sim card/etc errors.
the bbupdater application stops at:
ProcessOutlineUpdate: Start downloading from file *.eep
If it doesnt work with their instructions read on
Ok the directions they give you has a lot of problems with it and are missing a few things. Read their walk through, grab the files, but don't do their directions.
here is how I got it to work-
1) remove all SIM cards
2) use iTunes to restore.
3) Activate and get iBricker up and running.
4) use iBricker to place the .eep, .fls, and bbupdater into a folder (ie I made a /bbupdater and placed those three files in there)
5) next use iBricker's application installing system to install the terminal program stored in its list, NOT the one they link to. It has better handeling of long text commands then the older version linked to in their walk through.
6) start the Terminal application and type the following in (no quotes): "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
7) next "cd /bbupdater" or where ever you have it.
8) lastly "chmod +x bbupdater" and "./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep"
9) wait for it to say done and return you to the prompt.
10) restart your iPhone and use iBricker to install the anysim.plx from the iPhone Dev Wiki site.
11) run anysim and wait.
12) reboot again, insert your AT&T sim, wait a few moments and wait for it to error out, insert your whatever sim.
Some of these are probably pointless steps, but I like to add reboots in to make sure everything happens that I want to. This is what I did step by step to get it working so of course I had some odd things that most likely did nothing. Hay it worked.
* remove anySIM as soon as you are done unlocking it once. Dont want to do what I did to put me in that situation.
* Dont use any AppTapp or any other jailbreaking installer after you already got it working (already activated, jailbroken, unlocked). Just manually install or transfer stuff. This is how my iPhone got killed the first time.
Last edited by cwestpha; 09-25-2007 at 05:41 AM.
By geselaw in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-25-2008, 03:37 AM
By superpookie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-06-2007, 06:15 PM
By superts in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
By rlindsley in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-01-2007, 07:45 AM
By Mac Insomniac in forum General
Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:56 PM