Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 68 of 68
Discuss Are refurbished iphones from apple shipped with 1.1.2? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by macke I'm not so sure this is conclusive evidence. After all, there ...
  1. #61
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    I'm not so sure this is conclusive evidence. After all, there is no direct connection between the IMEI and bootloader, other than the fact that most (if not all reported so far) phones with the above IMEI patterns have it. Conclusive evidence however would be to check it with bbupdater and if it does report the phones as 4.6 phones, then surely Apple has some way of flashing it that probably doesn't involve desoldering chips. If we can figure that out, then we could replace the bootloader with the 3.9 version and use the old exploits. Obviously this would involve hardware in some form (and indeed, Apple might be doing it by removing the backplate), but it's still a viable exploit.

    Please, if you have access to a recent refurb, do check the bootloader version with bbupdater and not IMEI alone.
    I used bbupdater to check all my phones. They're all 4.6. Sorry to crush your hopes but that's what it is.


  2. #62
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Really no need to manually check, but I did anyway when I got them on Monday.

    IMEI will tell you if it's the new bootloader...

    8GB OTB 1.1.2 01136400xxxxxxx = 4.6
    Refurb 4GB OTB 1.1.2 01136500xxxxxxx = 4.6

    It is not anymore work than simply reflashing the device, they have the equipment you know

    wow, this sounds great for me as i just phoned with my mate in the US, who recieved our 4 refurb. 4gb iphones today and they all have a IMEI starting with 01130000xxxxxxx, two of them are week 43, the other two are week 45.

    So am i going right to assume that there's a very high chance for me having still the old bootloader?

  3. #63
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Really no need to manually check, but I did anyway when I got them on Monday.

    IMEI will tell you if it's the new bootloader...

    8GB OTB 1.1.2 01136400xxxxxxx = 4.6
    Refurb 4GB OTB 1.1.2 01136500xxxxxxx = 4.6

    It is not anymore work than simply reflashing the device, they have the equipment you know
    The IMEI will not tell you a thing. It's the week number, in the serial number. The 4th and 5th digits of the serial number are the week number.

    A week number that is 44 or LESS, should be 1.1.1 and bootloader 3.9
    A week number that is 45 or MORE, should be 1.1.2 and bootloader 4.6

    All UK iPhones are bootloader 4.6. I have also heard a few cases of the lower week numbers (44 and less) having 1.1.2 and bootloader 4.6, in the US.

  4. #64
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roymseafood View Post
    I used bbupdater to check all my phones. They're all 4.6. Sorry to crush your hopes but that's what it is.
    I think you misunderstood. Your result is actually what I hoped for. This means that there probably is a way to flash the bootloader WITHOUT desoldering and resoldering the chip. I'm guessing this since desoldering and resoldering would involve a lot of work - even if it's done with machines - compared to simply flashing the bootloader via the connector port or other hardware (ie, connector inside the phone). I think that it might be done via JTAG and that it's then a matter for us to find it. Of course, this is not necessarily easy and I'm sure smarter people than me (geohots and the rest of the dev team) have tried but I still think it's a route worth looking in to. Thanks for the information!

  5. #65
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aCujo View Post
    The IMEI will not tell you a thing. It's the week number, in the serial number. The 4th and 5th digits of the serial number are the week number.

    A week number that is 44 or LESS, should be 1.1.1 and bootloader 3.9
    A week number that is 45 or MORE, should be 1.1.2 and bootloader 4.6

    All UK iPhones are bootloader 4.6. I have also heard a few cases of the lower week numbers (44 and less) having 1.1.2 and bootloader 4.6, in the US.
    You are wrong...week number is now irrelevant.
    I personally have seen phones as old as week 39 OTB 1.1.2

    Every 1.1.2 OTB phone I have seen has the higher numerical IMEI.


  6. #66
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    both phones arrived this morning, thank fedex!!!

    week 46 refurb 4gb modell: bootloader 4.6
    week 47 refurb 4gb modell: bootloader 4.6

    forget it guys time is up. need to get a turbo sim...

    merry chrismas to all of you whereever you are, x!

  7. #67
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    I got a 4 GB refurbised iphone from Ebay, its 42 week, and 1.1.1 version, now looking forward to unlock it...

    Happy Christmas to all...Cheers.

  8. #68
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK, I got a refurbished one made in week 46 with the fw 1.1.2. I just went through the process described in "1.1.2 OOB Downgrade/Activate/Jailbreak MADE EASY (For Newbies)" (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284) without any problem. Now I have a jailbreaked and activiated iPhone with 1.1.2 fw. It now has every functional apps including Youtube and also wokrs well with my original vocie-service-only cingular SIM card.

    After did all that I read a post mentioning that some of week 46 iPhone actually has the bootloader 3.9 instead of 4.6:

    brozerman on December 3rd, 2007 at 8:57 am

    about post 35
    itís not ridiculous, i bought 10 iphone week 46 (8 from the apple store , 5th av , and Soho, and 2 from At&t store)
    6 were in 1.1.1, 4 in 1.1.2, but not with the 4.6 bootloader.
    I downgraded the 10 (4 when i wrote the post 18). If you follow step by step what i wrote and the tutorial (follow the link) it works perfectly.
    As i said AppTap does not work you have to install it manually as indicated in post 23
    and i think you did not read the post and understand why you have to install , install.app manually


    It seems that mine may be in fact unlockable! The question now is what process I have to use to unlock my jailbreaked and activiated 1.1.2 iPhone.

    VN

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM
  2. MacNN: Refurbished iPhones going for $49 until Jan. 1st [u]
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 04:12 PM
  4. I need 2 iphones shipped overnight 4 or 8 gig
    By galinha in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
  5. Refurbished iPhones not Available Anymore?
    By integlspwr in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 04:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:19 PM.
twitter, follow us!