Discuss Re-Virginized(Can't Restore to 1.1.1 at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I just virginized my iphone with the new revirginizer tool, but i cant restore to ...
Re-Virginized(Can't Restore to 1.1.1
I just virginized my iphone with the new revirginizer tool, but i cant restore to 1.1.1 from the ipsw file on my disk, i get a restore error (1) right before it prepares the iphone to restore
Are you on firmware 1.0.2 currently? If you are then I believe you can't do a restore and you have to use the iTunes update funtion.
However if you're on 1.0.2 and you want to jailbreak 1.1.1 and unlock with anysim 1.1 then you'll have to do some prep before you do the 1.1.1 update in iTunes.
I'm on a Mac and used independence and this is what I did.
1) Started with 1.0.2 iUnlock/anySIM1.0.x unlocked phone -> revirginized using elite teams method.
2) used iDependence to perform pre-1.1.1 prep for jailbreak
3) used iTunes to update (not restore) phone to 1.1.1
4) used iDependence to Activate and Jailbreak phone/install SSH
5) used FTP program to upload installer.app and anySim1.1 to applications folder
(you may have to upload the sftp_server file to the phone to do this part to, there is a thread on here explaing that.)
6) performed unlock with anySIM1.1
Hope that helps a bit...
7) installed all new apps...
By iHack in forum General
Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
By pbmaster93 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-30-2008, 05:43 PM
By cyberole in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:19 PM
By manufanatic in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
By Skinny07 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-29-2007, 07:28 PM