Discuss quick question about sequence of events YES/NO? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; ok so for someone that bricked his phone b/c he updated his 1.0.2 phone to ...
quick question about sequence of events YES/NO?
ok so for someone that bricked his phone b/c he updated his 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.1 without revirginizing, what is the sequence of events?
a) downgrade to 1.0.2
c) in itunes, update to 1.1.1
d) install anysim 1.1 and unlock it?
before i mess up my phone for the zillionth mine, i just wanna double check
come on guys, it's probably the easiest question out here to all of you experts
do i first revirginize, then upgrade to 1.1.1 and lastly anysim?
first revirginize, then anysim and lastly update to 1.1.1?
AFTER REVIRGINIZING 1.0.2 -> UPGRADE TO 1.1.1 RIGHT AWAY -> RESTORE 1.1.1 WITH ITUNES (VERRY NEEDED) -> JAILBREAK AND ACTIVE, UNLOCK WITH *#307# METHOD - WORKSSSSSSSS
does that mean that the anysim method will not work?
i have all the printouts here with anysim and you;re telling me to use the 307 method
talk about throwing me a curve ball
no idea what the #307 method for unlock is.
- I want to understand this process too so let's throw some ideas together. I've already re-virgin one but that phone was not bricked (success). Yours is bricked.
what method of re-virgin are you planning to use?. the IPSF/Geohot method or the elite method ?
read my comment here http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=13136&page=4 Post #34
Last edited by dtube; 10-27-2007 at 06:03 AM.
i virginized my 1.02 and upgraded to 1.1.1 til i buy a wireless router tommorrow
JUST DO IT DIRECTLY ON IPHONE, DO NOT CARE ABOUT PC and Wi-fi, OpenSSH, BSD SubSystem, Winscp, Putty
ALL YOU NEED IS DOWNLOAD TOOLS, INSTALL MOBILE TERMINAL (USING IBRICKR)
Reverginizing to iphone to ensure that your 1.0.2 phone can be upgraded to 1.1.1 without getting bricked.
This step very easy. I assume that your iphone have Mobile Terminal installed on Iphone (using iBrickr).
1. Download kengz-revirginizer-pack
2. Make directory /usr/revirginize in your iphone (using iBrickr)
3. Unzip and Upload all files to your iphone in directory /usr/revirginize (Using iBrick)
4. Using Mobile Terminal execute the following commands (DIRECTLY ON IPHONE).
YOU MUST TYPE LETTERS VERY CORECTLY, PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO BLANKS AMONG COMMANDS
Hit Enter (Return button on the virtual keyboard of the iphone) after each line of command and wait until it appears "Done" or "Enjoy"
chmod 755 *
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
./norz seczone.backup 0x3FA000 0x2000
./iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls eliteloader.bin
./bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
5. Congratulations your iphone is now virgin again (for 1.0.2) and ready for upgrade to 1.1.1
AFTER THIS THEN YOU HAVE THE CHOICE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, SO THEN UPGRADE TO 1.1.1 AND THEN CHOOSE WHAT UNLOCK METHOD YOU WANT, MOST IF NOT ALL ARE WIFI ONLY, SO YOU NEED SOME WIFI ACCESS JUST FOR THE JAILBREAKING PARTS, THEN THE REST IS MOSTLY AUTOMATED, LIKE THIS ONE:
AS FOR THE *#307# METHOD HERE IS A SNIPPET OF IT,
AND HERE IS THE ACTUAL LINK:
1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
2. enter *#307# and then press call
3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as >> prefs://1F
8. Save it and click on the contact's homepage. this will take you straight into the setting menu of the iPhone, and you can take all the time to select a WIFI network!
yes, the *#307# method is to do the exploit . Not actual unlock. You stated "unlock with *#307# method". that's why we were confused.
As far as the instruction goes, that looks right but I disagree on doing it on the iphone directly. It will be hard to type all those commands without making mistakes. Save yourself and just install openssh / dropbear or whatever and use putty to ssh to it.
By tc13 in forum AppleTV 2 (iOS based)
Last Post: 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
By Synapse_12 in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 06-20-2009, 01:15 PM
By xeronex in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:46 AM