Very Weird Problem with 1.1.1 (n Safari too)
This is the story ...
1. Currently on 1.1.1 and Safari is not working (used to work fine) even with a full strength wifi connection so I tried everything including resetting network etc etc.
2. Decided to restore to factory 1.1.1 as a last resort.
3. Firmware restored BUT can't jailbreak cos safari is still not working?! Can't laod jailbreakme.com, jailbreak.toc2rta.com etc.
4. Decided to go for the Dev-team jailbreak without tiff exploit.
5. Downgrade to 1.02. Ran appsnap installer but got numerous error e.g. pairing failed, sending files failed etc. Did everything mentioned in the forums including deletion of plist etc. No go.
6. Stuck with a phone that keeps saying "pls activate" n iTunes gave a blank page saying "I need iTunes 7.5 or greater"??! So decided to use iDemocracy2 to activate it ... done and the phone is now saying "contacting AT&T for activation".
I have shift-restored the firmware many many times ... both 1.0.2, 1.1.1 and I am still stuck. I used to have iTunes 7.5 on my laptop but downgraded it to 7.4 in order to use the Dev-team method.
Any advice on how to proceed from here? Any other way to solve the safari issue?