Successful unlock yet problems persist.
I'm unlocking an iPhone for a friend (purchased from the US, serial number indicates week 44). This is my third iPhone unlock.
My own phone came with 1.0.2 and that went fairly well. Even upgraded to 1.1.1. Has been working for some months without any problem (thanks dev teams).
I unlocked a second phone (serial indicated week 28). I don't know the full details for that phone because the owner accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 I think. I virginised, etc and got it working.
This third iPhone is proving to be a major pain. It came with 1.1.1 OoB. I went through the motions using the jailbreakme.com method. For some reason the first activation and jailbreak failed. Rebooted the phone, ran again. Jailbreak and activation was successful. I installed anySIM 1.1. Ran just fine. Phone was successfully unlocked. Inserted my SIM card from my working iPhone and nothing. Rebooted phone, still nothing. No WIFI, IMEI unknown, ICCID unknown, no bluetooth. Tried restoring several times but I kept getting the 1101 iTunes error. The was stuck in recovery mode. Independence 1.3 beta 2 got it out of recovery, but jailbreak, activation and even DFU mode all failed. I said eff it and restored with 1.1.2 firmware. That got rid of all the errors so far. I am at the itunes activation screen. I will keep you updated as I go along so I won't exclude anything. I am now at 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G