[Solution] Error 1011, No WiFi, Bluetooth, IMEI, etc, using beta firmware. [No Links]
Again I have managed (after much experimentation and frustration) to get a "bricked" iPhone working again, using a different method.
- iPhone appears to have no baseband.
- iPhone shows "Repair needed" and the info button shows unknown IMEI and ICCID.
- When you restore - even from DFU mode - the OS changes but the firmware never gets uploaded. Restores take ages and eventually timeout with an error, leaving you in Restore mode.
- You can bash out of restore mode and boot normally using the tools available, but you still get "Repair needed", etc.
- Settings / About shows WiFi greyed-out, all 0s for Bluetooth, and nothing for baseband info.
- No signal (obviously)
- No sound from keypad or ringtones.
- When you try jailbreaking using ZiPhone or iPlus, it fails during the process. (If I recall, ZiPhone says "Hmm, what did you do...?" and then fails to unlock. It scrolls forever. With iPlus you get the red banner and text but it stalls and locks up.)
- After you've tried ZiPhone/iPlus, your phone will not boot in normal mode. You get "AppleMRVL868x: Invalid calibration data in device tree" in the scrolling white-on-black text.
- Eventually you might be left with "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" scrolling continuously.
- From this point you can Restore in DFU mode but it still won't restore the baseband and will take ages to time out. You can get it to boot again but you're back at square 1.
Here's what I did. I really hope this helps some others too.
- Found iPhone firmware 2.0 beta8 build 5A345 and iTunes 7.7 prerelease version (which can flash firmware beta 8)
- Installed iTunes and restored 1.1.4 (got error 1011)
- Restored to 2.0 beta 8. Of course it was not activated BUT I got IMEI, ICCID, audio, bluetooth and Wi-Fi back!
- Pwned the iPhone.
- From restore mode, restored a custom 1.1.4 which successfully reflashed the bootloader and baseband unlocked the iPhone.