Screwed up update - tried to update 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 directly - PLEASE HELP!!!
I've basically screwed up my iphone i think, this is what happened.
1) when i imported my phone from the US to the UK (where i live) it was locked to AT&T and had firmware 1.0.2.
2) I hacked the phone, using AppTapp and PACKAY and used it on 1.0.2 for ages with my vodafone sim card.
3) I then decided it was time for an upgrade so upgraded to 1.1.1, still with no problems.
4) Yesterday i got a bit greedy and decided i wanted 1.1.3, tried & tried to upgrade directly from 1.1.1, which failed. It just wiped my contacts, pictures and music.
5) i then installed OKToPrep from installer to tried and upgrade to 1.1.2 by using the restore function in itunes, however when i ran the "windows.bat" file it said i hadnt used OkToPrep properly.
6) then i panicked & tried restoring to 1.1.1, hoping i could jailbreak it like i did before, but not i get an itunes error message when installing. Now all my iphone does when turned on is shows an itunes logo with a picture of the data cable.
it wont get me upgrade to 1.1.2 either, itunes shows the same error message. it keeps saying it needs to connect to the itunes server to determine software version, then suggests the 1.1.3 update.
Itunes also has no idea what firmware i'm on now, it shows n/a next to the firmware version. Any ideas please