[Problem] iPhone bricked
ok guys, I am new here.. I have been at it for over 3 days with my problem. Let me explain as much detail as I can.. i would be ever so grateful for help.
1) I purchased an iPhone from a guy on craigslist who said the phone was bricked. The model is A1203 8GB and I could fix it by searching the net, being that I am tech savvy I figured it was a great deal and I could most likely get it fixed easily (I paid $20)
2) Since Friday I have been at it.. searching every forum and youtube vid I can find to fix this thing, NOTHING works.
3) The phone does nothing but when I power it up it shows the USB to iTunes symbols
4) I try to restore in iTunes it gives me error 20 nearly instantly
5) I WAS able to get it into DFU mode but for some reason now it doesnt show back up in iTunes
6) NO programs I have tried work or see it, iliberty, ziphone..etc
7) Can someone give me any ideas on where to go from now?
This iPhone was built back in 2007....see web page
Apple iPhone review with price and manual
so that means this is a 2g iPhone ...this is very easy to unlock and use any sim that uses GSM Quad band network...
All you have to do is read the iClarified Tutorial Step by Step...
iClarified - iPhone - How to Select an iPhone Unlock/Jailbreak Tutorial
iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)
make certain the phone was not unlocked with anysim 1.02...if it was you need to Virginize the phone first with this step by step
if the phone was never unlocked ever then you just use the iClarified tutorial above...enjoy
Devilry, how did you work out your problem with the iphone ....could you please let us know what you did to fix it and do you need any more help...thank you