Ban your a$$, same with Abdo Ala-whomever.
Thinking that fast will sure get you far.
FYI ... the firmware doesn't seem to want to flash, it goes through the motions ... but the versions stay the same.
Updated the steps:
These instructions currently only work with iNdependence on the Mac. It will unbrick you iPhone -but- will not restore cellular service, only wifi.
Here are the steps:
1) Make sure you have a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware handy in ipsw and decrypted form
2) Reboot iPhone holding top (power) and home buttons *BUT* release the top button 10 seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark)
3) The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start iTunes (latest version worked for me on the Mac)
4) Option+Click restore and select the 1.0.2 firmware ipsw
5) The phone will restart and error out at the end with an unknown error 1013, this is expected
6) Restart iTunes and let it get to the screen that says you have an invalid SIM
7) Launch the latest iNDpendence
8) Jailbreak the phone using a decrypted 1.0.2 (it will flash all sorts of error, but stick with it)
9) Activate the phone
10) It will show the SIM error but you should be able to get back in
I installed AppTapp afterwards along with the BSD subsystem and SSH, all working over wireless only.
So far, bbupdater will not revert the firmware.
plz tell me what version/name of the ipsw file are u using for restore to 1.0.2???
Great. Thanks for this light ! I will have a very certainly a 1.1.1 shipping next week. I hope it will be possible on native 1.1.1 iPhone.
Time to try :)