How to Restore a 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and fix the baseband! (Complete Tutorial)
There are alot of guides out there for downgrading your iphone from 1.1.1 back to 1.0.2 and unbricking it to the point of saying invalid sim. This is where this tutorial will pick up.
1. Put ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls into /usr/bin/
2. Download the Secpack of baseband firmware 4.0 (Can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2dyq25 - you will need to rename this to secpack)
3. Download ieraser2 from http://www.fink.org/ieraser/ or from Geohot's blog.
4. copy over ieraser2 and the renamed secpack into /usr/bin/
5. SSH into the phone (user: root pass: dottie) and stop the CommCenter by typing
launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
6. run "bbupdater -v"
7. type "cd /usr/bin/" and then "chmod +x ieraser"
8. run ieraser (just type ieraser) this will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.
9. run " bbupdater -v " again. it will not find any firmware now.
10. run " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls "
11. run " bbupdater -v " it will tell you you run version 3.14
12. from here use any of your favorite programs like ibrickr to install anySim 1.2 and successfully recover your iphone from a 1.1.1 update.
This guide was written by Stealth to make it easier for people to understand, all of the original info was found @ http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...radingBaseband
Thanks to those people who found this and shared it.
My phone is working on a Rogers network after following this method.
YouTube, Phone Calls, VoiceMail and Texting are working without any problems!
**Edit - As new posts come in that save people alot of time, ill be adding them here to reduce the redundancy of questions**
Here is a rar file i just created containing the ICE03.14.08_G .eep and .fls files, the secpack, and the ieraser that i used.
Thanks Serpy for pointing out that i forgot to mention to copy the secpack into the /usr/bin/ folder!
Originally Posted by coolconb