Fix SMS problems (Notifications etc)
Some people were having problems receiving certain types of SMS messages. The solution appeared to be quite complicated so I tried to simplify it...
Solution does not work. When found I will post here
To fix SMS problems:
(Note: You must have some decent technical understanding to use this method and an already unlocked iPhone)
1. Download necessary files:
-The program Putty. Link: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe
-'eep' file. Link: http://*.com/files/55291143/eepfiles.zip (Replace * with R@pidshare)
-AppTappInstaller, Link: http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe
-iBrickr. Link: http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr
2. Make sure your iPhone Auto-Lock settings are set to 'Never'
3. Open 'AppTappInstaller.exe' to install the installer onto your iPhone. Once installed, it should appear on your springboard. Open it and then install 'OpenSSH' and the 'BSD Subsystem'
3. Open iBrickr, select 'Files', and in the iBrickr file manager view, on the right side of the screen, click the on the picture of the iPhone where it says 'bin/', it will look like a hyperlink.
4. Click the 'Upload files' button, then select the 'ICE03.14.08_G.eep' included in the 'eepFiles.zip' file.
5. Now that all the files are in the right place, continue to the next step.
6. Open up 'Putty.exe'
7. In the 'Hostname' box type in the IP of your iPhone (Can be found on the iPhone under 'Settings' then 'Wi-Fi').
8. When asked for a login, User: root , Password: dottie
9. Now click 'Open'
10. Type into Putty (or copy-paste) then afterwards press 'enter': launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
11. Then: bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
12. Then: cd /usr/bin
13. Then: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
14. Then: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
15. The IMEI should now change to something like 004999010640000 and the iPhone will not accept any SIM cards. If this is not the case, then go back to step 10 and try again.
16. Unlock your iPhone again using the exact process you used to unlock your iPhone in the first place.
17. Restart iPhone and enjoy your bug free iPhone.