Disabling edge on the iphone
Just tried doing this on mine and it works fine.
- If you have a text editor installed, good. If not, do it now! MobileTextedit works.
- Use the finder app and goto ~ (button on top right)
- Goto Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
- Double tap preferences.plist
- Search for the apn term, and right below it is - <string>wap.cingular</string>
- Remove the . from this string (You'll need to press backspace, and then retype the line again)
- Save it
- Restart the phone (Press power key for 5 secs and slide to power off)..
- Edge should now be disabled, Wifi works, and phone calls work too.
Can someone reproduce this and confirm?