[All FW versions] Current unlocking possibilities overview
as many people are asking same questions again, i decited to put together an overview of current unlocking possibilities. What you need to know to use this guide is:
- BL - your bootloader version - 3.9 or 4.6
- BB - your baseband version - eg. 04.01.13, 04.02.12 or 04.03.13, the second number is important
- FW - your firmware version - eg. 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3
Search the forum on how to get these informations. This post is about WHAT can be done, not HOW.
Ok, here is the script:
1. If your have BL 4.6 jump to (3)
2. As you have BL 3.9, you can upgrade/downgrade your BB to 04.02.12, FW to 1.1.2 and soft unlock your phone with AnySim.
3. If your BB is 04.03.13 (ie. you upgraded to 1.1.3) you are out of the game now and you have to wait for 1.1.4 secpacks or downgrade your FW to 1.1.2 and use our iphone as an ipod touch.
4. If you have BB 04.02.12, you can:
4a. use your iPhone with *sim solution
4b. downgrade BL to 3.9 using hw testpoint method and restart from (1)
5. Firmware below 04.02.12 can be upgraded to 04.02.12 (FW 1.1.2), go to (4)
Simple, isn't it?
I tried to be as accurate as i could, feel free to correct me.