Common problems and their solutions
Common Problems and their solutions:
1. I do not get some SMS notifications!
--> Solution: No confirmed solution as of yet.
2. I tried unlocking my iPhone but it came up with an error!
--> Solution: Do a complete virgin restore (http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore). Then try another unlock method. Here are some good ones:
Link: (For Windows) http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...19&postcount=1
Link2: (For Windows) http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...71&postcount=1
Link3: (For Mac) http://modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_OS_X_Part_1
3. I want to customize the look of my iPhone, but I don't know how!
--> Solution: (For Windows) Use an application called 'Summerboard'. Read more here: http://www.apptapp.com/summerboard/
4. I have unlocked my iPhone, but YouTube still does not work!
--> Solution: (For Windows) Download a program named PACAY here: http://www.linkhider.com/Txc5 . Extract the .RAR file somewhere on your computer, then open up the files and run the file named '(CLICK HERE) activate.bat' while your iPhone is connected.
5. I get a strange "Call Forwarding Pop-Up" and it is annoying! How do I get rid of it?
--> Solution: This is actually a feature of the iPhone, giving you the option to forward people to your voicemail if you don't want to talk to them. The proximity sensor automatically dismisses it. But if you still don't like it look here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=7552&p=57475
6. My 'Voicemail' button doesn't go to my Voicemail-box!
--> Solution: Go to the 'Phone' section of your iPhone, select the keypad then press:
*5005*86*XXXX# (Where XXXX stands for your Voicemail-box number)
Now press the 'Call' button. Problem Solved!
7. I have unlocked my iPhone, but I want to erase all data on it with removing the unlock!
--> Solution: On your iPhone go to the 'Settings' menu, then go into 'General', then 'Reset' then tap 'Erase All Content and Settings'. This will erase all EDGE settings and Music etc. without removing unlock.
8. I want to completely wipe my iPhone's memory and completely restore it including the unlock! (Virgin Restore)
--> Solution: View this: http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore
9. I am getting brackets ( ) in my phone numbers, and I don't want them!
--> Solution: View this post: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...10&postcount=1
10. ITunes will not recognize my iPhone, what do I do?
--> Solution: Read this post: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...7&postcount=21
11. I can't find the appropriate EDGE settings for my network!
--> Solution: Have a look at this table: http://home2.btconnect.com/Taniwha/gprs.html
12. I want to be able to switch off/on my SSH server!
--> Solution: View this post: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...3736#post53736
13. iTunes won't recognise my iPhone anymore!
--> Solution: View this post: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...7&postcount=21
Note: More will be added as I find more genuine solutions.