Was able to update to v1.1.1 with iPhoneSimFree...phone still locked
After reading the post on gizmodo saying that a user that unlocked their iPhone using iPhoneSimFree was successful in updating to v1.1.1, I decided to take the plunge. It was a complete success.
Here are the steps I did to update:
1. restored iPhone with v1.02 (apple key + restore in iTunes)
2. restored with v1.1.1
All went well. The ONLY thing that I can is a little off is that my phone number in iTunes shows up as "n/a". Other than that, I'm on AT&T, I'm able to make calls, etc.
I guess the $50 for the unlock was worth it afterall.
Good luck to others that used iPhoneSimFree.
1. Replaced the AT&T SIM with a Tmobile pre-paid and it was NOT recognized.
2. After a reboot, my phone number is now showing up in iTunes.
3. Phone still locked to AT&T, unlocking did NOT work!!!