[1.1.3] Downgrade Instructions (easy to follow and worked for me with iPhone....)
G'day fellow hackers....
I have just completed downgrading a 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone that was upgraded to 1.1.3.
I thought I'd kindly post a set of instructions on how to downgrade to 1.0.2 if you were foolish enough to upgrade to 1.1.3 (I wasn't, but helped a friend out who was!). His phone was bricked by 1.1.3 as he was using on an Australian network with TurboSim.
INSTRUCTIONS ON DOWNGRADING 1.1.3 iPHONE TO 1.0.2 FIRMWARE (All features will be available but will not be able to connect to your GSM network as the baseband has been changed by 1.1.3 and cannot be downgraded atm).
You will need:
(1) Iphucker (http://ipodtouchmaster.com/1.1.3_downgrade.zip)
(2) AppTap (http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe)
(3) iBrickr or some other app to send files to iPhone (http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)
(4) lockdownd (hack file) (http://www.unlock-it.org/wp-content/...sary_files.zip)
(5) 1.0.2 Firmware if you don't already have it (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw)
(6) (optional) You may also need an earlier version of iTunes (do this if u have problems) (http://filehippo.com/download_itunes/tech/?3201)
OK -now you have those files, let's get on with it!
First exit iTunes
(1) Unzip Iphucker folder (make sure you unzip the whole folder as all the files are needed) and upen iphuc.exe
(2) Type into the command prompt the following and hit enter: enterrecovery
(3) Close iphuc once your iPhone boots into recovery mode and reopen (you should see in the command line that it is now in recovery mode).
(4) Type the following and hit enter: filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu (it is much easier to copy and past... just click the top left corner of the window and select past (after copying))
(5) Type the following and hit enter: cmd go
(6) Open iTunes hold down shift key while clicking restore and select 1.0.2 firmware. Update the firmware (this may take 5 or so mins). You should get an error message like 1013 or 1015 or something... this is healthy! an error 1 message is bad!
(7) OK, now that you have 1.02 firmware installed you should get the old yellow triangle screen on your iPhone rather than the newer blue one with the iTunes logo. RUN APPTAPP and select 1.0.2 firmware. Once completed, this should take you to the activate screen on iPhone where you have access to the emergency keypad. Almost there! (Sometimes you have to run AppTap twice so that INSTALLER.app can be put on your iPhone).
(8) Open up iBrickr an select to upload files to your iPhone.
(9) Upload the file (you downloaded earlier) called lockdownd to /usr/libexec/
(10) Once files is uploaded (only takes a couple of seconds) powerdown your iPhone and power on again.
(11) You should now be able to use your iPhone again (but not make calls)! Congrats if this worked for you.... :cool:
Hope we can figure out a way to downgrade 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 firmware soon so iPhone can be fully restored to make calls!
Anyone know how to make a TurboSim work with 1.0.2 after this process?