[1.1.3 to 1.1.4] iPhone is still unlocked - why? (ziPhone 2.5, IPSF, Act114)
I bought a 1.0.2 OTB iPhone, IPSF unlocked. Every Update worked without any problems. For 1.1.3 I used Signal.app for getting my signal back. So here is what I have done with my 1.1.3 iPhone:
- entered DFU / restore mode
- Restored to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.6.1
- Used ziPhone 2.5 (only activation and jailbreak)
Didn't work for me. iTunes said invalid sim. iPhone said "only emergency calls". But I still had signal of my carrier and MiM from Erica Sadun was still working (applied in 1.1.3). Did this several times, same issue every time (even if I entered DFU / restore mode manually before using ziphone 2.5).
So I tried to use Act114 from Geohot (activation and jailbreak based on ziPhone 2.4).
- First time it said error, InvalidHost ID, Pairing Issue.
- Second time, error Pairing Issue, I should enter DFU / restore mode manually
- Did this, started Act114 and it worked
Now, every time I start my iPhone I get my signal... don't need Signal.app from 1.1.3. I don't understand why?????
Another question, why is MiM from Erica Sadun still applied after restoring to 1.1.4???
Has anybody answers (or ideas) for my questions?