[1.1.2] No Sim Installed
- Week 47 iPhone - 1.1.2
- Bought the phone off eBay activated with NextSim 2 installed (three or four months ago)
- Phone used on Vodafone network in Australia.
- Upgraded the phone to 1.1.3 using the Nat True method.
- Phone still activated, jail broken and working with Vodafone sim.
- About three weeks into using the phone on 1.1.3 I suddenly lost all signal and get the message "No Sim" in the top left hand corner of the phone.
- When connected to iTunes I receive the message that there is no sim installed.
Since that point I have restored the phone and unlocked it using ZiPhone at 1.1.3 and everything works fine except the "No Sim" message (obviously I am not using the NextSim anymore).
I have then downgraded the phone to is current firmware 1.0.2 (1C28) and virginized the phone using the method described on iunlock.no
At this current point of time the details are as follows:
- Firmware: 1.0.2 (1C28)
- Modem Firmware: 03.14.08_G
- Bootloader: 3.9 (Downgraded from 4.6 using ZiPhone)
- Wi-Fi: Working
- Bluetooth: Working
- IMEI: Correct
- Installer App: Installed
- "No Sim" Message (I have tried using a different sim in the phone, making sure there is no PIN etc, cleaning the sim area and tray with compressed air and still no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
One last thing... used iTunes 7.6 to restore the phone to lower firmware after downloading the .ipsw files.
looks like you may have a physical damage to your SIM socket. I will take it to Apple if i were you
As far as I am aware I can't... I live in Australia were the iPhone has not officially been launched yet. :confused:
Blatently obvious but did you try simply resetting all settings? or turning the phone on and off...
I had a similar issue where it would say "No SIM" even though the SIM was in the phone - I took it out and put it in and it still said that - in the end I reset it and it worked... you may also want to try restoring the phone.
I doubt you have damage to your SIM part of the iPhone specially if you were no longer using anything with your SIM - I think your phone is simply misbehaving and needs a reset or restore!
Thanks for the reply, will try that now and post the results. I must admit with all the different things that I have tried I have not reset the settings... :rolleyes:
Tried "Reset All Settings" and "Erase All Content and Settings" with no luck. Still comes up with "No Sim". Thanks so far for the help... if anybody else had any ideas it would be much appreciated.
Ok, a quick update for anyone who is interested. I read on another thread that putting some sticky tap on the sim connector might help the phone read the sim if the connectors are slightly bent. Well since I had NextSim 2 installed i thought this might be a possibility...
- I put the first layer of tap on and tried the sim and received the message "No Sim".
- Placed another layer and so on (Four times I think) and finally got the message "Incorrect SIM" This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM.
GREAT!!! It finally reads the SIM... Damn NextSim 2 must of bent the connectors slightly. :eek:
Now, I thought I had activated, jailbroken etc but I am getting the message above so my question now is,
What's the best way to upgrade the phone? and jailbreak, activate, unlock it.
The details of the phone are:
Modem Firmware: 03.14.08_G
Bootloader: 3.9 (Downgraded from 4.6 with ZiPhone)
Installer App: Installed
Thanks to everyone on this forum for the great information...
restore to 1.1.4 and run iplus then enjoy
Thanks for the quick post )law( will try now... ;)