On the other hand, scrolling text happens when you jailbreak, taht is normal.
so just report please. dont touch the iPhone for now
well now it can't do anything any more...
When I put it on, I get the apple logo, and then a black screen with a million numbers on it...
Got it into DFU mode, itunes can't identify it, got it into recovery mode with the itunes logo, but recovery or manual firware update fails....
OK, shut the iPhone off and disconnect from the Mac. Then hold Home button and keep holding it, while reconnecting to you Mac. iTunes should be running. iTunes will discover an iPhone in recovery mode and you will restore to 1.1.1 again. We do have a detour for you.
it stops with the sameline all over again, BDS ROOT: md0, major 2, minor 0
It repeats itself.
1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already.
2. Hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside.
3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version. If not, upgrade.
4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
5. Keep holding Home button until iTunes finds the iPhone in recovery mode. Restore to 1.1.1
Hi, tried this but update stops in itunes, and an error (2001) comes up...
OK - now you phone is connect to the computer and itunes sees it but fail to manual update.
Leave it connected and put the phone in DFU mode manually.
- press & hold power button + home
- the slider to turn off will appear, keep holding the those button
- phone will reboot
- count 1 to 6
- let go of power at count of 6 and continue to hold home
- Itunes will detect phone in DFU mode. You can let go of home now and proceed with fw selection and restore.
Thanks, volkspost, it seems to be updating now. Can't figure out what I did wrong...
After recovery to 1.1.1 should I just continue with the activation/jailbreak?
here you go:
Time for the old *3001#...-jailbreak-trick
and start after step 12 at "Jailbreak 1.1.1 Step One" in iClarified's tutorial all the way up to step 22 including and STOP there.
DONT go further
1. Start Installer on the iPhone then and DO NOT update it
2. Goto "All packages" and install BSD Subsystem
Report when done
No, can't get that to work, since my iphone says my simcard is locked... No matter if I use my ATT or unlocked Elisa card...