Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Discuss ootb 1.1.2 restore/downgrade - 1.1.1 - jailbreak failing at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, I have a 1.1.1 version iphone which I have successfully unlocked and upgraded to ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default ootb 1.1.2 restore/downgrade - 1.1.1 - jailbreak failing -SOLVED

    Hi,

    I have a 1.1.1 version iphone which I have successfully unlocked and upgraded to 1.1.2 thanks to reading up on the forums which I use daily. So thanks to all of you for the guides and now there are even easier guides to use then I had available from before.

    Now the problem I am having is with a new iphone I bought yesterday. It is a firmware version 1.1.2 week 46 and I know that I cannot unlock/anysim this version (yet). I wanted to at least jailbreak it and use it as an ipod touch which is as far as I can read... is possible.

    Please remember I have already done this once before and don't need any flaming but would like some good inputs as to what maybe happening here.

    I force the iphone into DFU mode and use itunes 7.4.3 to restore the phone to 1.1.1 by holding shift+clicking restore button (I am a PC user obviously by this method). I direct itunes to the 1.1.1 restore file (same one I used for my last phone) itunes then does it's thing for a few minutes and I get the expected error 1015 and I close the next 2 windows (error screen and restore you iphone screen) hitting ok and then closing itunes. My phone is now locked and asking for itunes on the main screen by way of the connector and itunes symbols pictured.

    I have used both ibrickr and iphuc to reboot my iphone out of this locked mode. (now I have tried to goto my task manager and have also "ended" ituneshelper.exe but I don't think this has helped anything) I do this and it goes back to the springboard and asks for itunes to register and or slide for emergency call (great just as expected).

    I do the usual procedure to get the phone to hookup to my network via "prefs" and add in "jailbreakme" to an additional url. ( I have also set the iphone in general - autolock to "never")

    Back to the begining and I work my way back to my contacts and use safari to goto "jailbreakme" I scroll down and try to install AppSnapp where then safari closes and the iphone goes back to the springboard (opening screen for emergency calls) and I wait.... and wait.... and wait.... way too long as my iphone now does not reset itself and reboot into a jailbreak mode.

    I believe I am downgrading to version 1.1.1 but when I *3001#12345#* and goto versions it still reads 04.02.13 for the firmware.

    So is it downgrading or has apple blocked the downgrade option for my new iphone so I cannot jailbreak it (which means this is a very light but expensive brick till there is something new that comes out). Please let me know if I am missing anything.

    thanks in advance for all your input guys
    Last edited by khrys; 12-03-2007 at 01:56 AM.



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    04.02.13 is your modem-firmware that won't be downgraded by this procedure.
    Check what you version is instead.

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hi, I have a 1.1.2 otb, and the same thing happened to me, you just have to continue doing the *#307# thing again and again until it installs.

    My case was the same, clicked on install appsnapp and it went back to "emergency calls only", so keep trying and it will eventually work, it took 2 or 3 times for me to work

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes,

    my firmware version is 04.02.13_G and as far as I understood this is the way to jailbreak it properly from what I have read. if it is not could you help me by pointing me in the right direction as to how to at least jailbreak this iphone. Thanks for replying danneffs

    robertoms, I will try to upload and install AppSnapp multiple times as you have and see if that works as I so far have nothing else to try at the moment.

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khrys View Post
    Yes,

    my firmware version is 04.02.13_G and as far as I understood this is the way to jailbreak it properly from what I have read. if it is not could you help me by pointing me in the right direction as to how to at least jailbreak this iphone. Thanks for replying danneffs

    robertoms, I will try to upload and install AppSnapp multiple times as you have and see if that works as I so far have nothing else to try at the moment.
    That is your modem firmware version, you need to check if your phone firmware is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 cuz if it is 1.1.1 it did work even though it didn't seem like it


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    danneffs,
    thanks for clarifying about checking the firmware version. I have checked it in my Settings-General-About and version shows up as 1.1.1(3A109a)

    So now I have confirmed that I have successfully downgraded the firmware back to 1.1.1 and the problem seems to be with the jailbreak download. I can access the jailbreak homepage and scroll down to the AppSnapp download but when I goto load it in about 1-2 seconds it just throws me back to my springboard (opening screen) and obviously it has not downloaded since it does not reset or anything the like.

    I guess my real problem is downloading the jailbreak at this time to the iphone as robertoms has runs into. of course I have tried what he suggested about trying multiple times but without success and so far am stuck with my ootb 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1 but am unable to jailbreak due to being unable to download it via the wifi and my home network since the iphone seems to kick itself out of safari before it can complete the download and launch jailbreak.

    Any suggestions would be more then welcome at this time and anyone who has encountered this same problem and found there way past would help out a lot.

    As mentioned before by robertoms I have tried to
    *#307# - call
    Clear and call 0
    accept
    hold
    decline
    contact - www.jailbreakme.com
    load homepage and scroll down
    tap AppSnapp to load and install
    1-2 seconds later I get kicked back to springboard (opening screen with slide to unlock)
    call 0 and start over again and repeat and again and repeat... nothing so far

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khrys View Post
    danneffs,
    thanks for clarifying about checking the firmware version. I have checked it in my Settings-General-About and version shows up as 1.1.1(3A109a)

    So now I have confirmed that I have successfully downgraded the firmware back to 1.1.1 and the problem seems to be with the jailbreak download. I can access the jailbreak homepage and scroll down to the AppSnapp download but when I goto load it in about 1-2 seconds it just throws me back to my springboard (opening screen) and obviously it has not downloaded since it does not reset or anything the like.

    I guess my real problem is downloading the jailbreak at this time to the iphone as robertoms has runs into. of course I have tried what he suggested about trying multiple times but without success and so far am stuck with my ootb 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1 but am unable to jailbreak due to being unable to download it via the wifi and my home network since the iphone seems to kick itself out of safari before it can complete the download and launch jailbreak.

    Any suggestions would be more then welcome at this time and anyone who has encountered this same problem and found there way past would help out a lot.

    As mentioned before by robertoms I have tried to
    *#307# - call
    Clear and call 0
    accept
    hold
    decline
    contact - www.jailbreakme.com
    load homepage and scroll down
    tap AppSnapp to load and install
    1-2 seconds later I get kicked back to springboard (opening screen with slide to unlock)
    call 0 and start over again and repeat and again and repeat... nothing so far
    Same here, i can't jailbreak me for the life of me.

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    SUCCESS!!

    Ok so after trying to download the jailbreak for the downgraded ootb 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 I wasn't able to finish or complete the download. As robertoms suggested I kept trying and trying and trying (for about 2 hours off and on) and didn't get anywhere but was not going to accept defeat.

    I finally managed to complete the download! and everything else went smoothly. I repeated the process so many times that I kept doing it over and over by habit and I accidentally opened a separate window to open the jailbreak homepage. When that happened and it was downloading info from the homepage for the second window the first window was allowed to complete the download which was immediately shown by the download progress in the middle of the screen.

    So, if you are having the same problem as I did just repeat the opening process of jailbreak into a separate window after your first try at downloading it and when the second window opens up it will allow the first window to finish and complete the download necessary to jailbreak your iphone.

    Again thanks to all that have replied and to all those who did not tell me to (JUST USE THE SEARCH) as I think this could help alot of people that might be facing the same problem.

    I don't know if this will work for you but this is how I did it and I have 1 more iphone to try 3 nights from now and will update at that time if it works again.

    Thanks for reading and for the help guys. Keep up the good work

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khrys View Post
    I finally managed to complete the download! and everything else went smoothly. I repeated the process so many times that I kept doing it over and over by habit and I accidentally opened a separate window to open the jailbreak homepage. When that happened and it was downloading info from the homepage for the second window the first window was allowed to complete the download which was immediately shown by the download progress in the middle of the screen.

    So, if you are having the same problem as I did just repeat the opening process of jailbreak into a separate window after your first try at downloading it and when the second window opens up it will allow the first window to finish and complete the download necessary to jailbreak your iphone.
    Hi,

    Can you give more details please? How exactly did you open the second window etc?

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    wow happy to know it worked, but it sure took a lot of persevering hehe, enjoy your ipod touch with a camera hehe.

    I hope the unlock comes soon


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. restore using saurik server failing
    By the_gts in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 11:43 PM
  3. [Jailbroken 1.1.3 (prev 1.1.2 ootb+turbosim)] - downgrade
    By smasher in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 02:16 PM
  5. Possible to downgrade and unlock OOTB 1.1.2?
    By wildonrio in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 03:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:11 PM.
twitter, follow us!