Discuss No WIFI on iPhone , ANY SOLUTIONS ? expert help needed <<<<<<<<< at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Okay i had re-virginized about 20+ units of iPhones (unlocked 1.0.2) and update to 1.1.1 ...
No WIFI on iPhone , ANY SOLUTIONS ? expert help needed <<<<<<<<<
Okay i had re-virginized about 20+ units of iPhones (unlocked 1.0.2) and update to 1.1.1 unlocked without much problem. But this one iphone is a hard nut to crack, need expert help here ^_^
A bit long pls be patient and read on...
Problem: It's my frd iphone who tried to use iUnlock and messed it up somewhere.
1) Now iPhone no wifi (Grayed out)
2) No imei
3) iphone is Activated and Jailbroken
Method that i tried: (since no wifi so have to use iBrickr)
1) Installed Terminal + binkit + bsdsubsystem using iBrickr v0.91 (no problem here)
2) Uploaded files to /usr/bin for downgrading Baseband (secpack,bbupdater,ICE**,iEraser2,etc). (No problem here)
3) Run Terminal and execute chmod +x, bbupdater, iEraser2, bbupdater -e ICE** -f ICE** (No problem here)
4) Exited terminal and check iphone, now i got modem firmware shown in iPhone General->About (its modem firmware 03.14.08, no problem here)
5) BUT NO WIFI ... BIG PROBLEM HERE (bbupdater -e ** -f ** was successful, what went wrong?)
6) IMEI IS 00499901.... (This is wrong IMEI, not a big problem as i have not virginize iphone)
Method i tried: (no wifi so have to use iBrickr)
7) Uploaded Virginizer files to /usr/ and chmod +x all files (no problem here)
8) Run virginator script in Terminal (./virginator.sh , auto reflashed baseband and now iphone is virgin again, no problem here)
9) Exited Terminal and checked modem firmware is 03.14.08 in iPhone General->About
10) BUT STILL NO WIFI ... (NOW I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!)
11) IMEI IS STILL 00499901 .... (WRONG IMEI AGAIN!)
In my past experience, wrong IMEI at this stage is ok, I simply just reboot iPhone, go into DFU mode and restore iPhone to 1.0.2 in iTunes, the IMEI will be corrected.) Done it before and was successful.
BUT NOT FOR THIS IPHONE...!
ADVICE NEEDED :
ANY GURU, EXPERT, MODDER, UNLOCKER would like to suggest solution? or what steps should i be doing instead, or please suggest any steps that i can use? Welcome to reply on this thks.
Last edited by MacFly; 11-04-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Reserve this post for update on my iphone
i have the same problem!!!
same problem as me?
Originally Posted by hammermann
IMEI is 004999 ..... ?
No WIFI ?
Current modem firmware is 03.14.08 ?
Current version is 1.0.2 ?
for my problem i think i missing something, wrong steps or missing steps... so need some experts advice here ^^
I have one iphone same problem.
I beleive this problem is use WINDOWS .. jail and unlock.
In MAC NEVER problem.....
i have done it with mac and independence...
nothing works anymore..
could it be apple resleased a "new v1.1.1" without telling that anyone??
yes same problem.
no WIFI .. its grey...
and cant activate or do anything with it...
sometimes it says repair is needed
humm there are few posts of this problem. But here some instruction:
1. Upgrade 1.1.1
2. Downgrade 1.0.2 ( use 10/10 seconds)
3. Run Pacy ( not carnival), it will boot you phone to activation screen.
For the first boot, it might be very slow, so shut down the phone
do the 10/10 seconds restore.
Now you should have your wifi fixed.
Hope this will help.
This method has been done by me and it worked. However, there is no gurantee take your own risk.
what do you mean with 10/10 - 10 seconds pressing both keys??
and pacy is for pc? whats the full name?
Last edited by hammermann; 11-04-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Sorry, it PACAY not Pacy. and only for PC
1. Shutdown the phone.
2. Turn it on
3. hold both home and power
4. Release the power after 10 seconds without releassing home.
Then release home after another 10 seconds
(or you hear the sound recognizing the iphone)
You need both firmware in order to process this method. (1.0.2 and 1.1.1)
So, i have both files on my desktop..
but iphone does not do anything (is in recovery mode) i am not able to put it into activation screen in 1.1.1.
By robymac in forum OSX Security
Last Post: 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM
By faisalhussain17 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:09 AM
By MobiusPT in forum Distributions
Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
By Count de Monet in forum Installation
Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:54 PM
By pccbryan in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 11-07-2008, 11:56 PM