Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Discuss No one can seem to solve this... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Success unlocked 1.0.2 (w/iUnlock) iPhone running on 1.1.1, baseband v.04 and syncing with iTunes!!! Method: ...
  1. #1
    Supporter Array spook75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The better of the SARs
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Talking **SUCCESS: Thanks to all for their time!** :No one can seem to solve this...

    Success unlocked 1.0.2 (w/iUnlock) iPhone running on 1.1.1, baseband v.04 and syncing with iTunes!!!

    Method:
    Revirginized baseband (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...highlight=step)
    Activate & jailbreaked with iNdependence 1.2.4
    Unlocked with anySIM1.1

    Did not need to use any patched files such as lockdownd, Activation.pem, etc.

    REVIRGINIZING SOLVED IT!!!

    Special thanks and recognition to fallenczar, LA20, Pixxa, wiicopy, juk, bogdi1988, NotFound & gaz919! You guys took the time to read my post and offered suggestions. Thanks for being there!!!!

    ##########################

    **ANOTHER VERSION OF MY PROBLEM**

    Now that iTunes sync, how do i get my iPhone to accept a non-AT&T SIM?


    PLATFORM: Mac
    METHOD: Activated, jailbreaked, unlocked iPhone w/ iNd 1.2.4 and anySIM 1.1
    PROBLEM: can't sync with iTunes (everything else is working fine)

    Tried & failed suggestions:

    1. All versions of lockdownd file replaced and tried:

    original 1.0.2 version:
    iTunes sync/yes
    non-AT&T SIM/no (no phone function)

    original 1.1.1 version:
    iTunes sync/yes
    non-AT&T SIM/no (no phone function)

    patched version:
    iTunes sync/no
    non-AT&T SIM/yes (phone function working)<<<THIS IS WHERE I AM CURRENTLY, BUT I NEED MY MUSIC TOO!

    2. Removing and moving media/media.old files (SYMLINK)

    --the above process was done automatically after special upgrade by iNd 1.2.4
    but then again...
    using Fugu, I noticed a hidden .symlink shortcut in my /var/Library/, so I removed that too!

    3. A poster here suggested to add the "afc2" command to my /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist:

    --that command was also added in the iNd 1.2.4 process which I noticed when i opened the original file
    no need to add

    I also apologize for requesting help in a separate thread (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11980). Unfortunately, only a handful of people have replied and tried to help (thank you!). Hence, my desperation fueled me to post a new thread with a somewhat of an intriguing title to hopefully enlist or entice more help, ideas, suggestion or even possible solutions.

    Thank you in advance to those who will help or even took the time to read this.
    Last edited by spook75; 10-21-2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!



  2. #2
    juk
    juk is offline
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I had that problem.

    I restored. through itunes, reactivated with independence and it's been working ever since.

  3. #3
    Supporter Array spook75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The better of the SARs
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juk View Post
    I had that problem.

    I restored. through itunes, reactivated with independence and it's been working ever since.
    Thanks...

    I have redone the whole process myself a few dozen times. Could you elaborate a bit more on what you did to succeed, please?

  4. #4
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spook75 View Post
    PLATFORM: Mac
    METHOD: Activated, jailbreaked, unlocked iPhone w/ iNd 1.2.4 and anySIM 1.1
    PROBLEM: can't sync with iTunes (everything else is working fine)

    Tried & failed suggestions:

    1. All versions of lockdownd file replaced and tried:

    original 1.0.2 version:
    iTunes sync/yes
    non-AT&T SIM/no (no phone function)

    original 1.1.1 version:
    iTunes sync/yes
    non-AT&T SIM/no (no phone function)

    patched version:
    iTunes sync/no
    non-AT&T SIM/yes (phone function working)<<<THIS IS WHERE I AM CURRENTLY, BUT I NEED MY MUSIC TOO!

    2. Removing and moving media/media.old files (SYMLINK)

    --the above process was done automatically after special upgrade by iNd 1.2.4
    but then again...
    using Fugu, I noticed a hidden .symlink shortcut in my /var/Library/, so I removed that too!

    3. A poster here suggested to add the "afc2" command to my /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist:

    --that command was also added in the iNd 1.2.4 process which I noticed when i opened the original file
    no need to add

    I also apologize for requesting help in a separate thread (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11980). Unfortunately, only a handful of people have replied and tried to help (thank you!). Hence, my desperation fueled me to post a new thread with a somewhat of an intriguing title to hopefully enlist or entice more help, ideas, suggestion or even possible solutions.

    Thank you in advance to those who will help or even took the time to read this.
    when you changed the lockdownd files did you use the killall command???
    try changing the iphoneactivation.pem file too (to the one suppied by the dev team in the 1.1.1 jailbrake package)

  5. #5
    Supporter Array spook75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The better of the SARs
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenczar View Post
    when you changed the lockdownd files did you use the killall command???
    try changing the iphoneactivation.pem file too (to the one suppied by the dev team in the 1.1.1 jailbrake package)
    Again...

    How does one to the above commands on a Mac terminal?
    Is it the same script?


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Try to have a go with the new iNdependence - do a complete downgrade / activate / upgrade / activate and see if that does it - sure works for me.

  7. #7
    Supporter Array spook75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The better of the SARs
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aiphone View Post
    Try to have a go with the new iNdependence - do a complete downgrade / activate / upgrade / activate and see if that does it - sure works for me.
    I did use the the new iNdependence.

    OK...now afterwards what can I do to have my iPhone accept any non-AT&T SIM card?


    I never had any problems syncing iTunes or using the phone. But I have to switch between lockdownd files to use one or the other. I want to have them both functioning at the sametime!!!!!

  8. #8
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spook75 View Post
    Again...

    How does one to the above commands on a Mac terminal?
    Is it the same script?
    download the ulctl from the installer app on to your phone.
    replace the old lockdown with the new one.
    then run ulctl and unload com.apple.mobile.lockdownd and then reload it..

    report your results here

  9. #9
    Supporter Array spook75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The better of the SARs
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenczar View Post
    download the ulctl from the installer app on to your phone.
    replace the old lockdown with the new one.
    then run ulctl and unload com.apple.mobile.lockdownd and then reload it..

    report your results here
    Could you please advise which version should be in my phone when I run the command.

    I have switched around so many time i don't know which which any more.

    Which one of the below?

    original 1.0.2 version:
    original 1.1.1 version:
    patched version:

  10. #10
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spook75 View Post
    Could you please advise which version should be in my phone when I run the command.

    I have switched around so many time i don't know which which any more.

    Which one of the below?

    original 1.0.2 version:
    original 1.1.1 version:
    patched version:
    try the one named lockdownd.swap
    you will have to rename it to lockdownd
    try the one i just posted in the one click activation method, it should have the right permissions...if not you will have to chmod your lockdownd file and i won't be able to help you with that


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone solve this for me? Please??
    By deucalion0 in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. Problem !! How to solve it?
    By cainhunpi in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
  3. [Release] Can you solve it?
    By feltumonis in forum AppStore Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 12:46 AM
  4. [1.1.3] try to solve this!!
    By Derter in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:32 PM.
twitter, follow us!