Discuss Is this it for my phone? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; hi, I need some insight, I looked around the forums a lot to try to ...
Is this it for my phone?
hi, I need some insight, I looked around the forums a lot to try to find the best solution but i'm starting to loose hope...
ATM my iPhone is either stuck in recovery or (if I use iBrickr to boot it) not activated/unlocked, has no IMEI, no sound, no wifi, and the keypad for emergency calls is VERY slow (takes 3-5 sec to display a number after I pressed the key).
any updates I try with Itunes (in recovery mode) gives me an error when it tries to restore the firmware (error 1011 on 1.1.1 and error 1 on 1.02)
here are the steps I took that put me in this situation...
the phone was already successfully unlocked/activated with 1.0.2 but I do not know by whcich method was used...
- 1.0.2 unlocked (got the phone like that)
- virginized with the idiots guide (worked perfectly)
- updated to 1.1.1
- did the *#307#, 0 etc. to input 2 URLS, set up the wifi and jailbreakme.com
- now trouble starts, the jailbreaked failed because I had autolock to 1minute, I went to the site again and it seemed to worked, when I rebooted it wasn't activated and further attempts would display a blue "?"
- I restored the 1.1.1 and did the thing again and it worked fine, got it activated and installer.app was installed
- I uploaded anysim via WinSCP, ran it, and it crashed after a couple of minutes
- used rep.frenchiphone.com in installer.app to get the latest version of anySim, ran it again, this time it crashed at CommCenter
- tried restore to 1.1.1 again, and it failed
- tried downgrade with iBrickr, it failed
- now im stuck with "Repair Needed iPhone", pretty much bricked unless one of the gurus here help me with this...
I already did all those steps on another iPhone 2 days ago and it worked perfectly, this time, I wasn't so lucky. is anyone here willing to help me or tell me if I totally busted my phone??
sounds like the problem is at the unlock action.
Well... may be the phone was originally unlocked using IPSF ??. That just a wild guess. If that is the case, the re-virgin did not fix the baseband.
If it was IPSF'ed before, may be only IPFS can fix it.
just a thought.
hi dtube, yes it is possible that it was IPSF'ed... so if the baseband is toasted and I have no backup of it, would only IPSF be able to restore it? does corrupt/blank baseband prevent you from doing a full itunes restore?
downgrade with ibrickr? why? only itunes can downgrade your phone.
iBrickr has an option that let's you boot the iPhone if it's stuck in "Recovery Mode", then guides you through the restore process with iTunes
it does not prevent you from doing a full restore. how ever, the full restore does not do anything to the baseband.
Originally Posted by alanNRaj
If it was IPSF'ed, then the best thing to do is contact IPFS, they can do it.
yea that's what I did for now, but i'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to do it with some apps freely available?...
we kinda of talk about it here but the answer is no.
By Funkfish in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
Last Post: 05-26-2010, 11:20 AM