Discuss My Mac Unlock of FW 1.1.4 with ZiPhone WORKS! at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I have a Mac and a week 44 iPhone with FW 1.1.1 unlocked with AnySim.
My Mac Unlock of FW 1.1.4 with ZiPhone WORKS!
I have a Mac and a week 44 iPhone with FW 1.1.1 unlocked with AnySim.
I used ZiPhone 2.5 to unlock my iPhone after restoring to FW .1.1.4. in iTunes.
Here are the steps I used. I had my Tmobile Sim installed the entire time.
1. Download FW 1.1.4 by clicking this link http://tinyurl.com/3ahme5 When download completes, move it into the iPhone Updates folder.
2. Open iTunes, dock iPhone to computer. Enter DFU mode by holding power and home for 10 seconds, until screen goes black, then release power, continue to hold home for 10 seconds more until Itunes detects phone in recovery mode
3. In iTunes Option Click on Restore. Select the 1.1.4 FW update. After Itunes finishes, phone will be in recovery mode. Quit iTunes, open ZiPhone, http://www.downloadziphone.org/ and run the complete unlock.
4. After ZiPhone unlock is successful, quit and go to sync in iTunes. If you restore from backup, you get to keep your weather and stocks and notes, but may inherit any wifi or camera issues if they existed before.. If you choose to set up as a new phone, this eliminates potential problems.. but you will have to reconfigure a few things.. wifi, webpages, weather, stocks, email and notes.. (notes cannot be synced, but they can be emailed to yourself)
5. Sync in iTunes to gain back all contacts, calendar, music, and photos. This can take an hour or more if you have a lot of music and photos.
6. Then go to Installer and do the following, to enable Tmobile 5.99 internet plan, increase volume, and install a Services icon used to turn wifi on and off, such as when testing Edge network function..
a. Select Installer.app > Select System > BSD Subsystem > Install
b. All Packages > Install >T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack > Install
c. All Packages > Install > volume boost 113> Install
d. All Packages > Install > Services > Install
e. quit Installer. After restart go to
7. Settings > General >Network > Edge > APN: type in: wap.voicestream.com Leave Username & PassWord Blank
8. Configure email.. I use Yahoo..
Thats it.. every thing works, including Youtube, SMS, Safari, Camera, iPod, Email, Contacts, Calendar, Maps, and Tmobile Edge and phone service.
I hope this helps someone.. Im very grateful for all I have learned here
Last edited by jon_slider; 03-02-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Today I confirmed that FW 1.1.4 does indeed IMPROVE Tmobile cell phone RECEPTION.
In an area where I usually have no service, Santa Fe Ski Area, I was able to make a number of calls..
This for me, is EXCEPTIONAL, as I am always jealous of my friends on Verizon.. the only provider that gets good service in that area..
good information! thanks!
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 06-15-2008, 07:11 PM
By BiPhone in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
By Techno_Man in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
By BulldogUK in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-17-2008, 12:37 AM
By Israeli in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM