Discuss Missing com.apple.CommCenter.plist at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I got a Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?) ...
I got a Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?) when i tried running bbupdater then i found that i don't have com.apple.CommCenter.plist, where can i get a copy of it? It's not in the mounted ramdisk.dmg. Am running 1.0.2 please send me a spare copy;
Here you go, I've just uploaded mine:
( just change * for s )
you know where to put it, right ? /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
Hope it works...
I still get 'Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)'. Help! I tried most methods including of the elite group's virginator. what to do? I tried Alt/Option in iTunes, it would say preparing to restore then ipod would reboot and freezes at the Apple logo and i would get an error 1603 from iTunes.
What are you talking about man??
SSH in and do the following:
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
If you dont get any error on the second one AFTER you run the first then you are fine!!
Ok here is what happened.
- iTunes 7.5 Mac OS X 10.4.11
- Original iPhone configuration is 1.0.2, bought it unlocked from a vendor.
- Attempted to upgrade to 1.1.1 by virginizing it using the tool found in installer.app from i.unlock.no resources.
- Half way through the flashing of the baseband, installer says script execution error.
- No WiFi
- No IMEI
- No Bluetooth
- No Sound/ Vibrate
- No ICCID
- No Modem firmware info
Recovery methods tried
- Alt/Options in iTunes to select firmware manually, tried to select the 1.0.2 firmware but iTunes gives me an error and deletes the ipsw file. Tried 1.1.1 firmware, the phone restarts and stucks at the Apple logo while iTunes shows 'preparing iphone for restore' and displays error 1603.
- Running bbupdater on iphone but when i type 'bbupdater -v' into the terminal, I get the error message 'Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)'
- Running iUnlock on iphone and still getting '16(resource busy)'.
- Running automated script by iPhone elite group, the virginator.sh to restore bb, but still error.
- Typed launchctl unload/load, gives me no error at all.
- iNdependence 3 beta 2
- iFuntastic 4
- Mobile Terminal
By Jeffreyliu520 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-18-2008, 02:22 AM
By cobo86 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:26 AM
By cfrigerio in forum General
Last Post: 10-21-2007, 12:37 AM
By Kmac1985 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
By itisonlyatest in forum General
Last Post: 09-12-2007, 09:47 AM