Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Discuss LF Blog that explains the difference in Zibri Unlock and Independence unlock at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by ideas_man69 i think it's more the fact that it can be used ...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ideas_man69 View Post
    i think it's more the fact that it can be used with any baseband and that you can use the baseband version that matches the software.

    4.6 was created to stop people unlocking these things. 3.9 has more things going for it than 4.6 does. everyone keeps saying "when geohots boot loader comes out..." there's no date, no details and no reassurance that it's actually going to happen.

    theres a heap of 3.9BL phones and all their owners are happy. i downgraded mine without any hesitation and haven't even bothered thinking about 4.6 or geohots magical 4.6mod.
    Yes its a good point that it can be used with any baseband but what is the difference between 04.02.13_G and any of the new basebands?Google maps locater working without using third party apps.Nothing else.

    I am not waiting for a Geohot modified BL either.Nobody knows if he is still working on it or not.But I am waiting for a reverse for the downgrade and believe me,I am very anxious to do it but as I said before,only one thing is keeping from doing it,there is no reverse yet.
    First ever Apple product I bought : iPhone.


  2. #12
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nab7007 View Post
    But I am waiting for a reverse for the downgrade and believe me,I am very anxious to do it but as I said before,only one thing is keeping from doing it,there is no reverse yet.
    They have a reversible bootloader downgrade: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32309
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  3. #13
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    nab7007, great explanation. Congrats on that!

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I dont support custom bootloader so i have no interest in GEOHOT's custom bootloader.

  5. #15
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    They have a reversible bootloader downgrade: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32309
    Not done yet.When its a one click solution just like downgrading then...............
    First ever Apple product I bought : iPhone.


  6. #16
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nab7007 View Post
    Yes its a good point that it can be used with any baseband but what is the difference between 04.02.13_G and any of the new basebands?Google maps locater working without using third party apps.Nothing
    That's for apple to know. Reception and battery life are a couple of things that have been noticed. They are upgraded for a reason. The system runs better when the baseband matches the software. Check the logs - they are full of kernel errorswhen mismatching software/basebands. It is your choice tho.

  7. #17
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Zibri never made an unlock, George Hotz did.

  8. #18
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I just wanted to know onde thing: If the downgraded BL (3.9) is not reupgradable (as many say), than what does that mean to the people who bought older iphones which came OTB with the 3.9 BL?

    You really think Apple would simply include new features available to only to 4.6BL users and ignore the people with legimite 3.9BL? If that was the case I'd bet with anyone they would do a BL upgrade through itunes(which they never did!), in which case all of us 3.9 users would be able to use. So what's the fuss about not being theoretically able to reupgrade something you don't need it at all?

  9. #19
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entaum View Post
    I just wanted to know onde thing: If the downgraded BL (3.9) is not reupgradable (as many say), than what does that mean to the people who bought older iphones which came OTB with the 3.9 BL?

    You really think Apple would simply include new features available to only to 4.6BL users and ignore the people with legimite 3.9BL? If that was the case I'd bet with anyone they would do a BL upgrade through itunes(which they never did!), in which case all of us 3.9 users would be able to use. So what's the fuss about not being theoretically able to reupgrade something you don't need it at all?
    It's about having total freedom to do to every part of the phone (including the baseband and its bootloader) whatever you want. For example a really permanent unlock (with a custom bootloader, which doesn't currently exist).
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 11:18 AM
  2. [Zibri] Ready to Mess 2.0 Unlock ?
    By etron45 in forum General
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 02:02 AM
  3. [1.1.2 OTB] Unlock with Zibri - How long should it take?
    By user1981 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:31 AM.
twitter, follow us!