Discuss From iUnlock 1.0.2 to iPhoneSimFree 1.1.1 / Everything works (except YouTube) at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I had previously purchased iPhoneSimFree, but because of the delay in getting the license I ...
From iUnlock 1.0.2 to iPhoneSimFree 1.1.1 / Everything works (except YouTube)
I had previously purchased iPhoneSimFree, but because of the delay in getting the license I used iUnlock instead. Today I read about IPSF 1.6 RC1 working with the 1.1.1 update, so I decided to go ahead and virginize my phone and try my luck with the update. My phone was already jailbreaked with SSH and BSD subsystem installed.
Here's a play-by-play of what I did:
1. Virginized the phone according to the instructions here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8612
* Take out your SIM from your iPhone.
* Downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware and extracted it.
* In the terminal, extracted the ramdisk with: dd if=009-7698-4.dmg of=ramdisk.dmg bs=512 skip=4 conv=sync
* Mounted the extracted ramdisk in Finder.
* Created a new directory called "relock" on my desktop and copied /usr/local/bin/bbupdater, /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ICE03.14.08_G.eep, and /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ICE03.14.08_G.fls from the ramdisk.
* Moved the relock folder to the iPhone (/relock) using Transmit.
* SSH'd to the iPhone.
* Ran the following commands as per instructions:
# launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
# cd /relock
# ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
# launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
That's it. I had used the FactoryActivated lockdownd file so I didn't need to do anything more here. According to the original instructions you might have to reactivate.
2. I then used the IPSF unlock:
* Installed the IPSF 1.6 RC1 software. Make sure the SIM isn't inserted since the IMEI code won't be correct otherwise.
* Ran the unlock. This took about 5 minutes.
The phone should be unlocked and working again still on 1.0.2.
3. Then I just upgraded to 1.1.1 by following the excellent instructions in the README file of the new jailbreak package: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...0808#post80808
The upgrade itself went smoothly. A few notes regarding the activation:
* The FactoryActivated lockdownd file didn't work when activating on 1.1.1. Luckily I had saved the original AT&T activated file, which worked perfectly.
* When you reactivate, skip the last iAsign command as this will cause the phone to be deactivated after restarting.
The end result is a fully unlocked iPhone (I'm on Vodafone, and I've made phone calls, used EDGE, all the works) except that YouTube doesn't work.
Just did this again on my friends iPhone which was previously unlocked using anySim. Worked without a hitch!
how did you get the original at&t activated file from so i can activiate it?
IPSF fixes the 0049 imei.. Just tried this on one of my bricked phone.
now the dev team has the seapack i hope they can fix this as well .
GO DEV TEAM GO !@!!
Please help! You have done this so you know:
WHERE I SHOULD TYPE THESE COMMANDS????
1. Back up v1.1.1's lockdownd:
cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1
Now overwrite the iPhone's copy with your old v1.0.2 copy:
cp /var/root/lockdownd.1.0.2 /usr/libexec/lockdownd
And upload the certificate included in this distribution:
scp iPhoneActivation.pem root@[IPHONE IP]:/System/Library/Lockdown/
I am stuck at step 5 and I need your HELP PLEASE!!!
If you plan to use the ipsf unlock for 1.1.1 why not "brick your phone first" so you have the latest baseband firmware 04.01.13_G and update according to their website ?
Wouldn't that be easier ??
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
For these you need to SSH to your iPhone: ssh root@[IPHONE IP] and run the commands there.
Originally Posted by Lambrosgg
This one you should do from the Terminal in the same folder that contains the README file and other jailbreak files.
Originally Posted by Lambrosgg
thanx for the answer. I get a connection refused error with putty.
SSH seems to be instaled properly.
Please help me!
Read details on my post:
Sorry if bothering but I have shit myself!
It seems too much of a hassle just to do the update.. the Dev-team is working nonstop for a smoother way to do things.. and ..
if you are just fine with version 1.0.2, why the heck do you want to update ??
By hixx in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
By yonnermark in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:17 AM
By brilami in forum General
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
By az1324 in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
By az1324 in forum General
Last Post: 09-04-2007, 11:17 AM