Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss iTunes not recognizing iPhone after AnySim..... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; When i plug in the phone to add a song, Nothing happens, itunes says i ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iTunes not recognizing iPhone after AnySim.....

    When i plug in the phone to add a song, Nothing happens, itunes says i need to upgrade to 7.5 to activate the phone. after upgrading iTunes doesnt allow me to do anything.

    My phone is 1.1.1 with 04.01.13_G firmware. I sent the phone to get repaired and when it came back, i was able to get to the springboard with out doing anything to the phone...?? Then i just did a anysim unlock and thats it.

    Im thinking i missed a step somewhere, anyone know what the deal is??

    Thanks



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm not sure if my situation is the same but it is similar.

    I fried my iPhone yesterday and took it to the Apple store this morning. They replaced it. I hadn't my ATT card but the guy did something to "activate" it. I was able to slide to unlock and see the main springboard. No emergency screen only like on a new one.

    I got home, put in my ATT sim card and can phone and surf as normal. I even jailbroke it and installed applications. the problem is as soon as I connect to iTunes, it shows the Iphone page with big lettes saying iPhone and iTunes tries to connect to the Apple Store. It bombs out with an error message "We could not complete your iTunes store request....."

    I can't upload songs or movies or do anything with iTunes now at all.

    haven't got a clue what the problem is.

    Weird...........

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdoctor View Post
    I'm not sure if my situation is the same but it is similar.

    I fried my iPhone yesterday and took it to the Apple store this morning. They replaced it. I hadn't my ATT card but the guy did something to "activate" it. I was able to slide to unlock and see the main springboard. No emergency screen only like on a new one.

    I got home, put in my ATT sim card and can phone and surf as normal. I even jailbroke it and installed applications. the problem is as soon as I connect to iTunes, it shows the Iphone page with big lettes saying iPhone and iTunes tries to connect to the Apple Store. It bombs out with an error message "We could not complete your iTunes store request....."

    I can't upload songs or movies or do anything with iTunes now at all.

    haven't got a clue what the problem is.

    Weird...........


    Sound just like my phone. anyone have a solution

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I get the feeling that the iPhone isn't really activated. Although my SIM is from an ATT account it is from my work blackberry. I never did the "real" activation through ATT.

    I'm looking to see if there is a simple activation program and I'll try that to see if it makes difference. I'm a bit of a noob at this lark :-)

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdoctor View Post
    I get the feeling that the iPhone isn't really activated. Although my SIM is from an ATT account it is from my work blackberry. I never did the "real" activation through ATT.

    I'm looking to see if there is a simple activation program and I'll try that to see if it makes difference. I'm a bit of a noob at this lark :-)
    your not the only noob here. let us know what happens


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anyone else got any info

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigweezy911 View Post
    anyone else got any info
    ???????????????

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigweezy911 View Post
    When i plug in the phone to add a song, Nothing happens, itunes says i need to upgrade to 7.5 to activate the phone. after upgrading iTunes doesnt allow me to do anything.

    My phone is 1.1.1 with 04.01.13_G firmware. I sent the phone to get repaired and when it came back, i was able to get to the springboard with out doing anything to the phone...?? Then i just did a anysim unlock and thats it.

    Im thinking i missed a step somewhere, anyone know what the deal is??

    Thanks
    with ibricker go to files

    var/root/media

    delete itunes control
    delete com.apple
    delete that has anything to do with itunes.

    DO NOT DELETE THE FILE CALLED MEDIA

    Restart the phone connect it to itunes, it should do it.

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZGINBOGA View Post
    with ibricker go to files

    var/root/media

    delete itunes control
    delete com.apple
    delete that has anything to do with itunes.

    DO NOT DELETE THE FILE CALLED MEDIA

    Restart the phone connect it to itunes, it should do it.
    I deleted com.apple file but i can not delete itunes control, are you sure this will even work

  10. #10
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I had this problem I think, My phone was not reconized by Itunes and also would not charge.

    had to SCP to the phone and replace the Lockdown file.

    There details on here somewhere if you do a search


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. iTunes not recognizing iPhone. Fix?
    By Caffeineighted in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 05:59 AM
  2. iTunes stopped recognizing my iphone
    By jdoggfoelife in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:34 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 02:52 AM
  4. iTunes not recognizing iPhone
    By fraydro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 06:32 AM
  5. Detailed question on iTunes not recognizing iPhone
    By petervee in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:10 PM.
twitter, follow us!