Discuss Iphone problem with grey wifi and wrong imei at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys,
I also have been having some iphone issues, I purchased the phone used ...
Iphone problem with grey wifi and wrong imei
I also have been having some iphone issues, I purchased the phone used on ebay with the seller telling me that the wifi didn't work and I thought i could fix it.
It has the typical ziphone'esque issues.
- Weird battery accuracy(goes from 100% to 20% warning, to 10% warning)
- no wifi, greyed out. The Mac address for the wifi is N/A
Iv done the following so far and am running out of ideas,
- upgraded to 2.0.1 to see if the issue would be resolved
- that didn't work so i came back to 1.1.4 and tried to use swifi which hasn't worked.
- I also tried physically setting the wifi mac address with ibooter as described above but the mac address doesn't change. I am pretty sure im doing it right except i get error 0 when I try to fsboot out of ibooter under usb_interupt_whatever.
-for some reason as well the imei wasn't the same on the phone as it was on the back on the phone, so I changed it to its proper value and still no luck.
-The wifi itself has come and gone before, the mac address oddly will return but I still can't find any wifi spots to connect to.
Hardware issue? Software issue? I have no idea.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
I moved your post/question from this thread: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=49382&page=2
It's not cool to hijack the other thread . It makes it very difficult to help you and the other person.
Based on your description above, I don't know how to help you.
There are several threads here which is very similar to yours. You may want to read on that.
Last edited by dtube; 08-18-2008 at 06:27 AM.
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
I will have a read at those when im at work today.
This whole wifi business is very frustrating
try swifi fix from devteam or bootneuter2.0
By melodosgr in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
By Doobz in forum General
Last Post: 01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
By iPhoneCrazy2 in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
By ownage in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-13-2008, 05:10 AM
By vaanaa in forum General
Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:55 PM