Discuss Iphone 1.1.1 unlock select carrier issues, plz, plz, plz Help at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Please help!
I tried unlocking my iphone, but now when I put my tmobile sim ...
Iphone 1.1.1 unlock select carrier issues, plz, plz, plz Help
I tried unlocking my iphone, but now when I put my tmobile sim card the phone is unable to connect to the tmobile carrier.
These are the steps I Followed
I am running 1.1.1
1. I ran the jailbrekme.com web app
(it ran successfully, and everything was working fine)
3. I installed the community sources, and got SSH and BSD subsystem(installed a couple of packages, apollo, ttr, customize, summerboard)
4. I then went to
The instructions for unlocking there said to use independence (which I Didn't do because i figured my phone was already jailbroken...)
5. So I downloaded AnySim to my desktop (I tried adding the conceited software source to see if it would automatically download anysim to my iphone but it failed to show up)
6. I figured that the part that i would need to use from independence was the ssh, to install the new anysim.app so i tried running independence but it told me i had to downgrade to 1.0.2 and then upgrade to 1.1.1 again.
7. Since independence didnt work with my iphone I decided to ssh to the iphone and upload the anysim.app myself. So i grabbed cyberduck, ssh to the iphone and just dropped anysim.app file into the folder where all the .app files where at on the iphone.
8. I restarted my iphone a couple times and after a while the anysim app appeard on the iphone screen. So i decided to run the app and unlock the iphone
9. I ran anysim and after a few minutes it said that anysim was successful and the iphone was now unlocked. I restarted and tried to use my tmobile simcard
10. So when I tried using the tmobile simcard the iphone could not find a network. So i went into iphone settings and tried to see if i had to change carrier settings or something. I selected carrier settings, but what i got was a small box saying error. So i restarted the iphone again and went to check the carrier settings again. this time it worked.
11. the problem is I was only able to see the options for <automatic><tmobile><at&t> but they were grayed out, i was unable to select any of them or do anything on that screen, and i was still not picking up any signal
I put in my at&t sim back and the phone works fine, but every-time I try my tmobile sim, the phone cannot fond the network.
If any of you could please help me fix the unlock issues with my iphone or give any suggestions. Is there a way to backtrack the unlock so i can try it again, or so that i can try to follow the modmyiphone.com steps and see if those work?
Please, please, please help
I had the same problem the first time I tried unlocking, the secret lies in the lockdownds file, you need a lockdownd file of modification date 10/17/2007, and transfer it to iphone using WINSCP, and make sure its permission is set to 0755 in WinSCP.
Sorry I couldn't show you right now, but there are tons of guides out there showing u how to do it. Just make sure you get a new lockdownds file and overrite the on in iphone.
Thanks a lot, it fixed the issue!!!
I followed the steps in this tutorial and it worked
Download IPHUC  & cyberduck  and double-click cyberduck to mount the .dmg on your desktop.
iPHUC : http://**********.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip
Open a connection in cyberduck and ssh to the iphone
Once on the iphone go up to root folder>usr>libexec
and drag over the lockdown file to the folder
that should be it for those out there that might have the same issue
Thanks for everything guys
By sidereal in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 09-25-2008, 03:10 AM
By atomic-apple in forum General
Last Post: 08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
By originalVIBE in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
By hquest in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 12-01-2007, 02:03 PM