Discuss iphone 1.1.1 restore help! at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hey, I have an iphone unlocked on 1.1.1 and it wont load past the apple ...
iphone 1.1.1 restore help!
Hey, I have an iphone unlocked on 1.1.1 and it wont load past the apple logo boot screen. Itunes and my pc do recognise it and perform the sync etc when i plug it in.
I don;t want to do a restore because I think it might make things worse like locking it up and then not letting me unlock it again.
I am wanting advice on where to do from here? Should I try a restore to 1.1.1? or should I try to restore to 1.0.2? remember it is unlocked and i used virginizer to perform an upgrade a while back to make it 1.1.1 it has been working fine and i just turned it off and now cant get it back up..
You could restore it to 1.1.1
Then install Installer.app and virginize the baseband.
why virginize the baseband?
the phone is unlocked & working before. A simple restore should clean the phone up. After that jailbreak & activate. Baseband is already unlocked so no need to do anything else.
ok iphone is now restored...
are these the instructions to do a jailbreak?
9. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
10. Enter *#307# and then press call
11. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
12. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
13. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
14. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
15. Add a contact with a random name and homepage of: prefs://1f
16. Save it and click on the link. This will take you straight into the settings menu of the iPhone
17. Select 'General' and then select 'Auto-lock'and hit 'Never'
18. Now go back and add your WiFi network
19. Hit the home button and you will now be taken back to the emergency dial screen
20. Repeat steps 10b-14b and now add another contact with a random name and a homepage of: jailbreakme.com
21. Save it and click on the link. This will launch safari and take you to the appsnapp install page
22. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Install appsnapp'
23. After it installs you should have a jailbroken and activated phone with the installer.app
24. Launch installer and install 'BSD Subsystem' and then select the sources button at the bottom of the screen
25. Click on 'Edit' and then click on 'Add'
26. Type 'http://i.unlock.no' the sources will refresh
27. Select the install button at the bottom of the screen and scroll down where it says 'Unlocking Tools'
28. Select and install anySIM and follow the instructions
29. Restart your iPhone and that's it!
I found them on this forum ?? thanks
ok, I only had to install app snapp and everything seems to be working fine again and unlocked! now just restoring my contacts and everything!
thanks for your quick replies and help guys! i am sooo relieved at the moment :-)
step 20 is incorrect.
If memory serves, this is what you do (or find it in the forum, this info has been repeated many many times)
20. call 0 - answer, hold, dismiss
When you finish step 23. You are done. No need to continue with remaining steps.
Originally Posted by biddy2008
i read wrong..sorry my bad
By hailesyeah in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
By ipicazo08 in forum General
Last Post: 05-08-2008, 01:17 AM
By Da Fox! in forum General
Last Post: 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM