1.1.3 to Jailbroiken, Working 1.1.2
This tutorial is in progress. Once I have found the fix, I will turn it into a real tutorial not just a random list of steps I tried. (Sorry for the spelling of the thread i was just SO EXCITED!!$#!@)
- iPhone 1.1.3 cannot be Jailbroken or Unlocked.
- iPhone 1.1.3 can be downgraded but recieves the Incorrect SIM error on all firmwares
- iBrickr Jailbreaks
- Puts iPhone in endless reboot on 1.0.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 (N/A for 1.1.1+)
- AppTapp Jailbreaks
- Freezes halfway through on 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 and gives an error message on 1.0.0 (N/A for 1.1.1+)
- AppSnapp Jailbreaks
- Jailbreak works great for 1.1.1 (N/A for all other firmware)
- Dev Team 1.1.2 Jaibreak
- Works like a charm on 1.1.2 (N/A for all other firmware)
1. Opened iBrickr. It give me the option to "Free iPhone" and I clicked it. It now says "everything is ready to go! Please wait while we extract necessary firmware files..."
2. Its been lagging here for about 5 minutes now. I'm going to give it a bit longer before trying another approach.
3. Ok I gave up on that. Now I'm going into iTunes and shift-clicking Restore to navigate to my 1.0.2 firmware. We'll see what happens
4. Got error #1 and still on 1.1.3. I'm going to put the iPhone in DFU mode now and try again.
5. It wouldn't start up normal but I plugged in iBrickr and used that to boot it so I'm back in business. Putting it into DFU mode and trying the Downgrade to 1.0.2 again.
6. This worked and the Downgrade to 1.0.2 is beginning now.
7. The Downgrade has ended and I got error 1016. Not too worried bout that. Actually expected it . I'm going to use iBrickr to boot my iPhone from the yellow Please Connect to iTunes exclamation sign.
8. iBrickr booted it just fine, as expected. However, I have an Incorrect SIM message. I am going to run the iBrickr Jailbreak and see what happens.
9. iBrickr is "extracting necessary firmware files" and I figured I would try the *#306# trick to get into my contacts. It worked
10. iBrickr isn't working but I had a fabulous idea! What's your idea Kevin?! Can't tell you. All I can say is I'm restoring to 1.1.1. Into DFU mode again and off we go!
11. The Upgade has ended and I got error # 1015. Pretty lame iTunes. Pretty lame. I'm at the Plug and iTunes symbol picture and I'm about to use iBrickr to boot my iPhone. Crap. Didn't work. Trying one more time. Still didn't work. Ok. Doing a straight up restore to 1.1.1 (and I'm already on 1.1.1 I just can't boot)
12. The Restore has ended and I got error # 1015 again. Stupid iTunes. Tryin iBrickr. MUAHAHAHAHAA iBrickr WORKEDDDD. Now for my super secret part. The iPhone still reads Incorrect SIM and I can't do anything...or CAN I!!!? *#307# INITIATE (weird...the number 0 is calling me not the number 1...same result, I'm at my contacts)
13. Making a contact called 1337 h4x and two websites... prefs: and www.jailbreakme.com
, went to prefs: and added my wifi. Going back to the dialer and calling 0...0 called me back yay! got into contacts and I'm at jailbreakme.com. ITS WORKINNGGGGG!!!
14. Ok I'm on Jailbroken 1.1.1 with an incorrect sim. I'm going out on a limb and installing BSD Subsystem (duh) and adding a source called http://i.unlock.no/
. This claims to have a fully automated virginizer for 1.1.1 iPhones and ima give it a test It says my IMEI should be 0049xxx but its 0112xxx...ah what the hell im trying it anyway. Installed "The Virginizer" from Unlocking Tools (after installing BSD subsystem and setting Auto Lock to never of course)
15. Main script execution failed. Looks like I have to try the manual way... Also I'm going to restore the iPhone to 1.1.1 again before I try cuase God knows what this did to it. Woah. iTunes gave me this error... iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because of an unknown error (0xE8000001) when I put it in restore mode. Yeah so I'm gonna go ahead and DFU mode this sucker... (PS. iTunes has named my iPhone untitled playlist...thats pretty neat...and scary.)
16. Got error # 1015 again... iBrickr fixed it. Jailbreaking same as before now. Successful. Ok. Installing BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH
17. Following my own guide for virginizing... I'll go into depth on this if it works in the final tutorial. Remember. This is hella rough draft.
18. This isn't working, I'm getting an error when running iEraser. I'm downgrading back to 1.0.2 right now to try another method of doing the same thing. Again, if it works, i'll post much more advanced steps
19. 1.0.2 is jailbreaking via apptapp...this better work.
20. AppTapp isnt working...Trying iBrickr again... letting it download its own firmware this file after looking in the error log and seeing that my 1.0.2 might need to be zipped or something im just letting it do it on its own. getting late. i NEED a working iphone.
21. Hmm... iBrickr seems to be endlessly rebooting my iPhone. Please stop iBrickr. Please. Oh hot damn. Time to find an endless reboot fix.
22. Whew. FINALLY able to force it into DFU. not sure what will happen now. iTunes is restoring it though. please cross every finger you have.
23. Ok, back to the 1.0.2 Activation screen. I *#307#'ed in and turned autolock to never. im trying ibrickr again.
24. Same result, learned my lesson this time and it was quickly fixed. ok im just restoring to 1.1.3 and hoping to god it works. i will continue this tomoro but i have to get up at 6 and gotta get to bed.
25. Incredibly (maybe impossibly is a better word) my iPhone restored to 1.1.3 WITH NO PROBLEMS. I HAVE SERVICE!! Z0MFG!@$!
This guide will be continued TOMORO!!!!