Discuss Incoming SMS problem??? - Carlos please help at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; anyone can post how to solve the incoming SMS problem with iphone usining windows??
Incoming SMS problem??? - Carlos please help
anyone can post how to solve the incoming SMS problem with iphone usining windows??
Originally Posted by karimko
Step 1: Use iBrickr to install Mobile Terminal to your iphone
Step 2: Use iBrickr to upload bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ICE03.14.08_G.eep which you have downloaded earlier to usr/bin/ directory on your iPhone
Step 3: Open mobile Terminal at your iphone and type cd /usr/bin/
Step 4: Type the below command at your iphone
1) launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
2) bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
3) bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
4) launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Step 5: Do the unlock process again. I’m using below Carlo’s method to unlock:
If you are using a pc, and like the AppTapp/PAYCAY/iBrickr - .pxl method this is the guide to use.
- in case you need to restore without being connected to the internet.(Recommended now)
- If you dont have 184.108.40.206.
To Check your firmware version check here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8221 (thanks gaz919)
First off, I am doing this as a "From Box to Unlock" method. If you've f'ed up your iphone using some other method, i may be able to help, but this is what i have done, now 14 times, without a single issue.
Rule #1 - READ ALL INSTRUCTION STEPS BEFORE DOING THEM.
Rule #2 - have fun with your unlocked iphone.
1) Open Box. take out iphone... it should turn on...Turn it off (red slide).
2) Check to make sure itunes is ver 220.127.116.11. If not download it.
3) Close itunes. make sure ituneshelper is terminated in processes under the task
4)(if you already have 1.0.2, plug your iphone into your pc and skip to step 7. If you have 1.1.1 Donate to the Dev team, and wait a little while.) Plug usb cable into PC. plug other end in iphone, and as soon as the gray apple appears, hold power button and home button down at same time. Keep holding the buttons down. your iphone will reset itself 2-3 times before you get a yellow triangle.
5)Open itunes. It will say it needs to restore your iphone. Hold the Shift Button and hit restore. Select the 1.0.2 firmware you downloaded above. This should take about 5 minutes(depending on pc i guess)
6) Wait for everything to finish, and it is back on the activation screen.
7) Close itunes. open up AppTapp. Click continue. Select 1.0.2. Hit continue.
****this is very important... i have seen were AppTapp hangs...it will say that it is copying files, but never does, or it will go thru it very fast...3 seconds or so, and says it is done...IT IS NOT. The way you can tell it actually works is if your iphone restarts and goes to the yellow triangle screen, then back to the activation screen.***(Also... AppTapp will complete, but the status bar won't be all the way over to the right. This is fine, just a bit of bad coding.)
8) Close AppTapp. Open PAYCAY, run the (CLICK HERE) activate.bat. it will start to copy files to your iphone. it will also activate your itunes. Follow the instructions on the screen...when it tells you to restart your phone turn your phone off(red slide). Leave it off for about 15 seconds, turn it on. you should now see the springboard(not the Waiting for activation screen). ( I have had some questions about the Lockdown file being replaced... if you wacth the script run, you will see it do it for you.)
9) Open iBrickr. Click applications. Install the installer.pxl. follow these instructions on screen very carefully...you will have to completely restart your iphone twice during this process.
10) Go back to main screen on iBrickr, and press applications. Click file, select the Unlock-fast.pxl. Install it, and it will soft boot your phone when done.
11) keep phone connected to pc, move slide to get back to springboard. press the unlock icon near the bottom of the screen. press start ONCE!..wait... when it says complete at the top, press home button. Turn off iphone. take out ATT sim, hold it in the air and say " This sim has been freed by The Liberator! AKA CarlosValdosta!!!"
12) Put in your sim, make sure that the slanted edge is in the right way.
13) Turn on your unlocked iphone.
14) Use iBrickr to remove the unlock.app. ( go to applications. look at fake iphone on right...click on little red circle next to unlock.app
By minty in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
By ellusion in forum General
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
By pendalf in forum General
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
By aPpLe_IpHoNe in forum General
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM