Discuss [IMEI 0049] Constant Problem at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hello!
I've been watching the bad IMEI problem over a few weeks now. There are ...
[IMEI 0049] Constant Problem
I've been watching the bad IMEI problem over a few weeks now. There are many people like me out there, where the seczone can't be fixed or virginized.
Me and i think all the other people would be very grateful if someone with the adequate knowledge could tell us if a seczone builder is possible?
I'm not asking for a complete 1-click solution or anything else in this direction.
I just wan't to know if it is possible or how i can find out, which part of my corrupted seczone leads to this currently unfixable problem.
If we could geht some detailed information / help from some professionals, we could maybe find a solution by ourselves, based on this information.
My phone is fucked up, and i'm not afraid of testing some code to bring the seczone back to their right condition.
I had bad IMEI problem as well and for few months I was trying to cure it with different methods available on various internet sites. Nothing seemed to work. Since this was 2nd iphone I wasn't really shy to experiment. So when 1.1.3 was out I upgraded to 1.1.3 and discovered that my IMEI is back. However downgrading to 1.0.2 and downgrading modem to 3.14. broght bad IMEI back. Eventually I managed to fix my brick and now have 2 working iPhones. Here is exactly what I did to make it work:
1. Upgrade brick to 1.1.3
2. Downgrade to 1.0.2. by putting phone to DFU mode and than doing SHIFT+Restore in iTunes
3. Jailbreak and activate 1.0.2 phone using AppTappInstaller.exe and PACAY
4. Install BSD, open SSH and Terminal through Installer
5. SSH to phone and copy to /usr/bin/ iEraser, bbupdater, secpack, *.fls and *.eep files, give to iEraser and bbupdater permissions 755
6. in Terminal first stop CommCenter, than iErase than bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
7. Restore phone to 1.0.2, jailbreak and activate , you willl have your lovely 0049 IMEI back, but don't worry
8. Now put a new source i.unlock.no in installer and refresh
9. In Unlocking tools find The Virginizer and install it (don't forget to install BSD and to put lock time to NEVER)
10. You should have now your IMEI back.
I think what you do to have your phone unlocked (anySIM of IPSF) is not important, but here is what I did:
12. Upgrade to 1.1.2, Downgrade to 1.1.1 - now I have 4.2.13 modem
13. Jailbreak using *#307# and jailbreackme.com, now I have activated but locked 1.1.1 with 04.02.13_G modem
14. Install BSD Subsystem and SimFree v1.8 (I bought licence long ago when I thought IPSF can cure my phone)
15. Run SimFree. After unlocking it went for the second time to do the same and gave me "Unlock faluire" but pay no attention
16. Install Octoprep
17. Update (not Restore!) to 1.1.2
18. Use jailbreak 1.1.2.
Now the brick is fixed and working. Hope you will be lucky and fix yours.
Last edited by topcat; 01-22-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Hello topcat! Thank you for your tip. I also did upgrade to 1.1.3 and checked the imei. It was still 0049xxx!
dude was it a 1.1.2 OTB cuz mine is from week 50 and I can't restore 1.0.2 via itunes...
always get waiting for phone message
my phone have the repair needed message though.. did you had that message ??
I have the same problem as the guy above me, did your phone have bootloader 3.9? Was it a 1.1.2 OTB along with 4.6bl, seems like thats the killer combo.
Originally Posted by weezo
By Z4U in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-19-2008, 06:47 PM
By darkcloudy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:58 AM
By ztubbz in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
By siwatson in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
By n000b in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:18 AM