Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Discuss Idea For 1.1.2 at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; i was thinking. I just read a post with an upgrade method that did NOT ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Idea For 1.1.2

    i was thinking. I just read a post with an upgrade method that did NOT include downgrading to 1.0.2

    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16648

    and i was wondering. could we not just simply bypass restoring all together?
    I remember back when many of us bricked our phones because the firmware could be downgraded but not the baseband version. THEN someone came up with the baseband downgrade!

    Couldnt we just make a baseband upgrade to ".13g"? without actually going all the way to 1.1.2? basically it keeps the 1.1.1 but upgrades to 1.1.2's baseband?

    Im just speculating i really dont know if thats possible...
    Last edited by AviTzavi; 11-22-2007 at 10:15 PM.



  2. #2
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    oops...but the new baseband does not work with 1.1.1

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb

    Guys
    I have an ideal to trick the 1.1.2 OTB to downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 .

    last night I try to restore my 1.1.1 phone back to factory mode using Shift+restore button to select 1.1.1 restored file locally ,during the package is extracting I just disconnect the Usb cable with the phone .However the restoring process is still running without knowing that the phone has been disconnected ,I just wonder what if that time I would have a 1.1.2 OTB to plug in and the Itune may recognize the 1.1.2 OTB as an 1.1.1 previously connected to Itune and Itune will be force to restore 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader ??? it may works never know if we don't try it ,unfortunately I did not have a 1.1.2 OTB to try it

    Can someone please try to do that and see how it turn out .I really want to know how it will be turned out ,If we could able to manage 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader then we have a temporary solution for 1.1.2 OTB running on 1.1.1 FW with 3.9 bootloader and unlock it with Anysim 1.1

    I love to have 1.1.1/3.9BL with Anysim 1.1 ,so far it's very stable and safer than 1.1.2/4.6BL with Anysim ?.?.? (unknown yet)

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    downgrading firmware won't touch the bootloader, same goes for upgrading, that is why otb 3.9 bootloaders are able to unlock 1.1.2.......

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array ptan218's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knguyen007 View Post
    Guys
    I have an ideal to trick the 1.1.2 OTB to downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 .

    last night I try to restore my 1.1.1 phone back to factory mode using Shift+restore button to select 1.1.1 restored file locally ,during the package is extracting I just disconnect the Usb cable with the phone .However the restoring process is still running without knowing that the phone has been disconnected ,I just wonder what if that time I would have a 1.1.2 OTB to plug in and the Itune may recognize the 1.1.2 OTB as an 1.1.1 previously connected to Itune and Itune will be force to restore 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader ??? it may works never know if we don't try it ,unfortunately I did not have a 1.1.2 OTB to try it

    Can someone please try to do that and see how it turn out .I really want to know how it will be turned out ,If we could able to manage 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader then we have a temporary solution for 1.1.2 OTB running on 1.1.1 FW with 3.9 bootloader and unlock it with Anysim 1.1

    I love to have 1.1.1/3.9BL with Anysim 1.1 ,so far it's very stable and safer than 1.1.2/4.6BL with Anysim ?.?.? (unknown yet)
    knguyen007, why do you need to repeat your post again? Didn't you start the same post as a new thread and a lot of the guys already said the impossibilities?


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knguyen007 View Post
    Guys
    I have an ideal to trick the 1.1.2 OTB to downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 .

    last night I try to restore my 1.1.1 phone back to factory mode using Shift+restore button to select 1.1.1 restored file locally ,during the package is extracting I just disconnect the Usb cable with the phone .However the restoring process is still running without knowing that the phone has been disconnected ,I just wonder what if that time I would have a 1.1.2 OTB to plug in and the Itune may recognize the 1.1.2 OTB as an 1.1.1 previously connected to Itune and Itune will be force to restore 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader ??? it may works never know if we don't try it ,unfortunately I did not have a 1.1.2 OTB to try it

    Can someone please try to do that and see how it turn out .I really want to know how it will be turned out ,If we could able to manage 1.1.2 OTB back to 1.1.1 with 3.9 bootloader then we have a temporary solution for 1.1.2 OTB running on 1.1.1 FW with 3.9 bootloader and unlock it with Anysim 1.1

    I love to have 1.1.1/3.9BL with Anysim 1.1 ,so far it's very stable and safer than 1.1.2/4.6BL with Anysim ?.?.? (unknown yet)
    The update/restore process doesn't seem to touch the bootloader in any capacity. The fact that Apple has released new hardware with new bootloaders and hasn't updated the old hardware via an iTunes patch suggests they are either unwilling or unable to do so.

    So tricking iTunes into updating / restore your bootloader doesn't seem possible, as it has no capacity to do so.

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenczar View Post
    oops...but the new baseband does not work with 1.1.1
    it wouldnt matter. the current 'upgrade' process says to get to 1.1.2 then downgrade to 1.1.1 (or 1.0.2) then use anysim 1.1.2u with it on 1.1.1 with .13g (1.1.2's baseband) then upgrade + jailbreak again

    so regardless if u can make calls with the newer BB its what the newer anysim calls for... Im just posting this because the idea of downgrading to upgrade seems stupid and annoying....

  8. #8
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AviTzavi View Post
    it wouldnt matter. the current 'upgrade' process says to get to 1.1.2 then downgrade to 1.1.1 (or 1.0.2) then use anysim 1.1.2u with it on 1.1.1 with .13g (1.1.2's baseband) then upgrade + jailbreak again

    so regardless if u can make calls with the newer BB its what the newer anysim calls for... Im just posting this because the idea of downgrading to upgrade seems stupid and annoying....
    you don't get it do you.
    you can not make calls with a 4.02.x bb and a 1.1 fw

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Arrow

    ok last time imna try and clear this up.

    this is my proposed method for upgrading to 1.1.2:
    i dont know if its possible but its a theory that could work....

    1) upgrade BB to 1.1.2 BUT keep firm on 1.1.1 (if possible)
    2) use OKtoPrep
    3) AnySIM 1.1.2u that will work b.c. there is the older firmware with the newer BB.
    4) UPGRADE to 1.1.2 via iTunes.

    this more convenient method would cut out doing a restore and save EVERYONE the hassle of reinstalling our apps and reconfiguring our settings...

    You dont need to use the phone on 1.1.1 with the new BB just a step in upgrading it.
    .avi
    "It [the earth] still moves"

  10. #10
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AviTzavi View Post
    ok last time imna try and clear this up.

    this is my proposed method for upgrading to 1.1.2:
    i dont know if its possible but its a theory that could work....

    1) upgrade BB to 1.1.2 BUT keep firm on 1.1.1 (if possible)
    2) use OKtoPrep
    3) AnySIM 1.1.2u that will work b.c. there is the older firmware with the newer BB.
    4) UPGRADE to 1.1.2 via iTunes.

    this more convenient method would cut out doing a restore and save EVERYONE the hassle of reinstalling our apps and reconfiguring our settings...

    You dont need to use the phone on 1.1.1 with the new BB just a step in upgrading it.
    you do know that ieraser is not the safest toy to play with


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:19 AM.
twitter, follow us!