I want to share this with you. My Unlock on my iphone is firmware persistent.
When I upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 only thing I did was the activation + jailbreak and my old Cingular prepaid card was working again. I did the same with 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 yesterday night. Just upgradde + jailbreak/activate and I was there. If I can help you guys out to reverse engineer the process for this or whatever I'm happy to help you out.
I don't know it this is known. please ignore this post than.
-------<// How did i do that? //>------
Actually with all the restores etc I don't know 100%.
For sure on 1.0.2 initially used iUnlock.app on the iphone that would take 20 minutes.
After I switched to another SIM card it wouldn't work. So I tried to reused it, didn't work, I switched to anySIM 1.0.2 which was just released. That one worked.
Some weeks later I switched SIM cards, same thing. Wanted to use anySIM again, but it came back with "unable to bytes bytes to pach". There was a fix posted at iPhoneDevWIKI (http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...bytes_to_patch) which i used, after that anySIM 1.0.2 was working again.
Upgrade to 1.1.1
For 1.1.1 I used reverginizer instructions from modmyifone and revirginzier pack (http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php...nd_OS_X_iPhone) to get back to 1.0.2. Using that I was able to upgrade to 1.1.1 according to instructions. When I jailbroke 1.1.1 it was reading the SIM card and I was fine. I NEVER USED anySIM 1.1.1 AT ALL. It would just work.
Upgrade to 1.1.2
I used the application OktoPrep than upgraded to 1.1.2 and used the conceited software Jailbreak. http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html . My phone automatically signed up for the network service after that again.