Discuss How to Restore a 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and fix the baseband! (Complete Tutorial) at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; There are alot of guides out there for downgrading your iphone from 1.1.1 back to ...
How to Restore a 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and fix the baseband! (Complete Tutorial)
There are alot of guides out there for downgrading your iphone from 1.1.1 back to 1.0.2 and unbricking it to the point of saying invalid sim. This is where this tutorial will pick up.
1. Put ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls into /usr/bin/
2. Download the Secpack of baseband firmware 4.0 (Can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/2dyq25 - you will need to rename this to secpack)
3. Download ieraser2 from http://www.fink.org/ieraser/ or from Geohot's blog.
4. copy over ieraser2 and the renamed secpack into /usr/bin/
5. SSH into the phone (user: root pass: dottie) and stop the CommCenter by typing
launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
6. run "bbupdater -v"
7. type "cd /usr/bin/" and then "chmod +x ieraser"
8. run ieraser (just type ieraser) this will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.
9. run " bbupdater -v " again. it will not find any firmware now.
10. run " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls "
11. run " bbupdater -v " it will tell you you run version 3.14
12. from here use any of your favorite programs like ibrickr to install anySim 1.2 and successfully recover your iphone from a 1.1.1 update.
This guide was written by Stealth to make it easier for people to understand, all of the original info was found @ http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...radingBaseband
Thanks to those people who found this and shared it.
My phone is working on a Rogers network after following this method.
YouTube, Phone Calls, VoiceMail and Texting are working without any problems!
**Edit - As new posts come in that save people alot of time, ill be adding them here to reduce the redundancy of questions**
Here is a rar file i just created containing the ICE03.14.08_G .eep and .fls files, the secpack, and the ieraser that i used.
Thanks Serpy for pointing out that i forgot to mention to copy the secpack into the /usr/bin/ folder!
Originally Posted by coolconb
Last edited by Stealth; 10-12-2007 at 07:23 AM.
The Computer Guy!
It is great to hear that basebands are finally being fixed .
Im on T-mo with an unlock first performed with anySIM which gave me an "unlock failed" error, then successfully unlocked with iUnlock.pxl.
Will this restore my baseband?
So i can then proceed with 1.1.1 and all the rest involved with that.
Will i be a virgin 1.0.2 again???
Originally Posted by franny
yes, you should be =)
dude, are u saying that with this method we can kind of unlock a 1.1.1 iphone?
I mean, u got an 1.1.1 iphone. So, you downgrade it to 1.0.2, then use this method, and then put anySIM or other software and you have an unlocked and working 1.0.2?
Or this is just for those who updated their 1.0.2 iphones to 1.1.1 and want to return?
Thanks a lot
I guess i forgot to specify, this was to an iphone that was upgraded to 1.1.1 then I had restored it and downgraded it back to 1.0.2
Originally Posted by abrasBR
Can we apply this method to our girlfriend or wife?
P.S: Good job Stealth for elaborating the process.
my iphone have a firm 1.1.1
im ulocked but in dont make calls!
the message "incorrect sim" appears!
with this method im can make calls ¿
Originally Posted by Stealth
So this method doesnt work for a 1.1.1 out of the box, is that right?
anyway, thanks a lot for the tutotrial,
so if i have an unlocked 1.0.2 phone that was never updated to 1.1.1 and works well, it might, as far as I understood, still be needed to be revirginized in order to use future updates. however, can I skip certain parts of your tutorial or do I have to do all?
By domingosnovo in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
By kayokid in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
By Twisty iphoney in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 05:47 AM
By melobf in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-05-2008, 02:26 AM