Discuss [HOW TO:] [1.1.3 BL3.9] Restoring Unlocked 1.1.3 to Unlocked 1.1.4 at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; On the chance it might help someone else, here are the steps I followed to ...
[HOW TO:] [1.1.3 BL3.9] Restoring Unlocked 1.1.3 to Unlocked 1.1.4
On the chance it might help someone else, here are the steps I followed to successfully upgrade to the v1.1.4 firmware release. I've compiled these steps from reading forums and the iClarified web site, which has great tutorials, and wrapping it with my own scenario details. Due credit where credit is due... thanks to the others who really figured all of this out. The best part being that no use of iNdependence is required and the final state leaves the iPhone with all of the software/firmware/baseband on the latest/greatest versions.
- Apple MacBook, latest version of operating system/updates (Leopard 10.5.2)
- Latest version of iTunes
- Day One iPhone w/3.9BL, v1.1.3 with the latest Baseband and Unlock'd to run on T-Mobile (T-Mobile SIM installed the entire time.)
- Used iTunes to Synch/Backup the iPhone, before beginning
- Once synched and backed up:
- Restored to v1.1.4 using iTunes
- Once restored to v1.1.4, closed iTunes
- Downloaded "ZiPhone-1.1.4_by_JBLP.zip" (a modified version of ZiPhone) from this link right here.
- Unzipped downloaded file, and executed "./ziphone -a -j" to Activate, Jailbreak and install the Installer application. NOTE: This process took about one (1) minute to complete.
- Set "Auto Lock" to never in Settings.
- Configured / Established Wi-Fi access.
- Installed requisite software packages, by:
- Launched Installer application and refreshed "Sources" to ensure most recent applications.
- Once "Sources" successfully refreshed, applied any/all available "Updates" and exited Installer application, to ensure updates applied.
- Re-Launched Installer application and confirmed no additional updates were available.
- Installed BSD Subsystem and exited Installer application, to ensure updates applied.
- Re-Launched Installer application and confirmed BSD Subsystem is installed and that no additional updates were available.
- Added http://installer.iClarified.com to "Sources" and relaunched the Installer application, to ensure the installation/updates applied.
- Re-Launched Installer application and refreshed "Sources" to confirm that the iClarified source is installed and that no additional updates were available.
- Unlocked the iPhone, for use on networks other than the Death Star, by:
- Launched Installer application and the 'iClarified" folder from the Install tab/page
- Installed "Unlock (1.1.4) application. NOTE: During this process, I received a popup asking me which Wi-Fi network to join. I simply selected my Wi-Fi network (the one previously setup in step #6 above) and the process completed without issue. This process took about five (5) minutes to complete.
- Exited Installed application and rebooted phone.
There is a little redundancy built-in, if you read/follow each step as outlined, but I consider this to be a good thing as it errors on the side of caution.
As always, I hope this helps more than it hurts!
Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 02-29-2008 at 04:14 AM.
thx, very helpfull, nice, clean and easy guide A+++++++
Glad it was helpful for you!
Originally Posted by sofare23
Thats way too long, this is better (and easier)
1. DFU restore to 1.1.4.
2. use ziphone 2.5 GUI to activate, jailbrake and unlock
Scenario results: 5 minutes.
Right, now the Zibri's 2.5 is out, which it wasn't when I followed this step-by-step, it makes things a lot easier and quicker. That said, you never know which/what How-To is going to be the "right" one for any given person.
Originally Posted by huecobros
By maly in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
By kissdaring in forum General
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
By gallinger in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
By mongoose8p in forum General
Last Post: 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
By goudok in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-07-2007, 06:34 AM