I know there are plenty of guides out there already but while researching I choose to take parts from different ones and not follow one specific guide. These are the steps I have taken to successfully perform the following:
1. Virginize iPhone - 1.0.2 iPhone unlocked from AnySim 1.0 or 1.0.1
2. Restore virgin iPhone to firmware 1.1.1.
3. Jailbreak and Activate iPhone Firmware 1.1.1.
4. Unlock iPhone with AnySim 1.1.
5. Restore data back on iPhone via iTunes
6. Activate YouTube
NOTE: You only need a computer briefly for the Virginizing part. After that ALL steps are directly on the phone.
If you intend on following this Guide please completely read through first so you are comfortable. Also post back afterwards if it has worked for you.
IMPORTANT: Also read the additions to the Guide and FAQ in the post below before starting.
====== Virginize iPhone - 1.0.2 iPhone unlocked from AnySim 1.0 or 1.0.1
Pre-Steps 01 - Perform a final sync with iTunes to backup your SMSs, Contacts etc.
Pre-Steps 02 - Uninstall all applications (except BSD Subsystem & Mobile Terminal, if installed). This may not be nessessary but I thought it couldn't hurt.
Pre-Steps 03 - I ran the virginizing steps with my local SIM (not iPhone AT&T SIM).
Pre-Steps 04 - Download virginizing files (click on link then remove '-' in the URL):
01. Turn off auto-lock. Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never
02. Install 'BSD Subsystem' via iBrickr (if not already installed).
03. Install 'Mobile Terminal' via iBrickr (if not already installed).
04. Make directory /usr/revirginize in your iphone (using iBrickr)
05. Unzip and Upload all files to your iphone in directory /usr/revirginize (Using iBrickr)
06. Start 'Mobile Terminal' run each command one by one. Wait until "Done" or "Enjoy" on commands starting with './'
NOTE: DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR PHONE WHILE THE RE-VIRGINIZER IS RUNNING. WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETE!
NOTE: Double check spacing and spelling before entering these lines. It is important that the previous line runs before moving on.
Copy 'seczone.backup' to computer via iBrickr. This is your back copy of the seczone.
chmod 755 *
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
./norz seczone.backup 0x3FA000 0x2000
You should see the following after the last command:
./iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls eliteloader.bin
./bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
pinging the baseband...
eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
NOTE: iphone is now virgin again (for 1.0.2) and ready for upgrade to 1.1.1
====== Restore virgin iPhone to firmware 1.1.1.
Pre-Steps 01 - Turn off iPhone, insert AT&T SIM Card and turn on iPhone
Pre-Steps 02 - Download iPhone 1.1.1. firmware file:
Pre-Steps 03 - I saved iPhone 1.1.1. firmware file to the following location but you can put it anywhere:
Docs & Settings > USER > Application Data > Apple Computer > iTunes > iPhone Software Updates
01. Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes
02. Hold 'Home' and 'Power' buttons until yellow triangle
03. Hold 'Shift' and click 'Restore'
04. Navigate to Docs & Settings > USER > Application Data > Apple Computer > iTunes > iPhone Software Updates (or where you saved it in pre-steps 03).
05. Select 'iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw'
06. Restore to 1.1.1.
NOTE: After restore is complete, slide for emergency screen, and enter the following into the keypad: *3001#12345#* then press Call. Check "Firware version" it should say 04.01.13_G. This is confirmation you have 1.1.1 firmware on the iPhone
====== Jailbreak and Activate iPhone Firmware 1.1.1.
Pre-Steps - Turn off iPhone, insert AT&T SIM Card and turn on iPhone
01. Press the Home button and you will be back at the activate iPhone screen.
02. Slide the emergency slider again.
03. Enter *#307# then press Call. The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered.
04. Enter 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer, then press Hold, then press Decline.
05. At the iPhone's dialing keypad. Press the Contacts button below. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact.
06. Press First, Last button. Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner.
07. Press Add New URL button. Enter prefs://1F then press Save in the upper right corner. Press Save again. Press the URL button.
08. At Settings screen. Press General then Auto-Lock, then Never.
09. Back at Settings screen. Press Wi-Fi, then select your network. Enter your password and press Join. Connect to network.
10. Press the Home button. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter 0 then press Call. Press Answer, then Hold then Decline.
11. At the contacts screen again. Press the + icon, then the First, Last buton. Enter Z for the first name and press Save.
12. Press Add New URL button. Enter http://jailbreakme.com then press Save, then press Save again. Press the URL button.
13. You will now head to the jailbreakme.com website. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds.
****If it doesn't crash after 1 minute, then press the Home button. Wait until the iPhone becomes responsvie, then go into the keypad and try again from step 10 (no need to add another contact though).
Suggestion from user bezman
- Turn off iPhone, take out SIM, turn on iPhone (with no SIM), try again from step 10****
14. Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. Wait about 30 seconds and the animation over the slider will freeze for a second and the iPhone will reboot.
15. You will now have access to the SpringBoard.
====== Unlock iPhone with AnySim 1.1.
01. Go to Installer
02. Click on Sources icon, add the source: http://i.unlock.no
03. Refresh sources
04. Under System folder, install BSD Subsystem
05. Under Unlocking Tools folder, install AnySIM 1.1.
06. Return home to Springboard - Turn off iPhone
07. Insert your local SIM card (not iPhone AT&T SIM)
08. Restart iPhone and run AnySim 1.1.
09. After complete turn iPhone off then on
NOTE: iPhone should be unlocked
10. Uninstall AnySim 1.1. via installer
NOTE: Additional sources for AnySim 1.1p if you prefer (http://rep.frenchiphone.com & http://iphone.blurgle.ca/repo)
====== Restore data back on iPhone via iTunes
01. Connect to iTunes and select restore from Backup
NOTE: This will put back your SMSs, Contacts etc
02. Perform a sync via iTunes to put back your Music and Videos.
====== Activate YouTube - Should not be required after the new AppSnapp
At this point, if your YouTube is still not working perform the following steps:
01. Open installer
02. Under Unlocking Tools folder, install YouTube Activation
03. Restart Phone, check YouTube
CREDITS: Thanks to Kengz for the virginizing files & and others who's information I have used.