Discuss [Guide] How to check iPhone BOOTLOADER version for Windows users at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Painless way to check iPhone baseband is here
Add the source to your installer : ...
[Guide] How to check iPhone BOOTLOADER version (Now with BBinfo App)
Painless way to check iPhone baseband is here
Add the source to your installer : http://www.trejan.com/irepo
Install BBInfo under Utility category
Thanks to amazing tman!
What you need:
1. WinSCP - http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
2. puTTY - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html
3. bbupdater - http://rapid$hare.com/files/65139648...dows_.zip.html (Replace $ with letter s Unzip and extract "bbupdater", I don't know where else to get only the bbupdater)
What to do:
1. Install WinSCP
2. Check iPhone WiFi IP address -- Settings->WiFi->tap blue arrow->IP Address
2. Launch WinSCP - Enter IP Address in Host Name box, Username root Password alpine and uncheck "Allow SCP fallback". Click 'Yes' if a message window appears for the first connection attempt
3. WinSCP GUI will appear, your local PC directories will be shown on the left portion and iPhone directories will appear on the right. Browse to /usr/bin directory on iPhone if you already have that. If not make one by Right Click -> New or press F7 in the /usr directory
4. On the GUI, look for bbupdater you just downloaded, drag and drop it into iPhone's /usr/bin directory. MAKE SURE to set the permission to 0755!
5. Close WinSCP
6. Launch puTTY.exe
7. Enter the same IP Adress in Step 2 to the Host IP Name and click 'Yes' to the message for the first connection attempt
8. Enter root as login prompt and alpine as Password and you will see a '#' symbol
9. In the puTTY window, type: (to disable Comm Center)
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
10. Nothing will happen but then type:
The following message will appear and you can now write down the bootloader version of your phone:
pinging the baseband...
eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
eep revision: EEP_REVISION:8
11. Finally type: (to enable Commcenter again)
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
12. Power cycle your phone and you are done!!
Last edited by wsxijn03; 01-06-2008 at 06:49 AM.
finally...thx a lot... pls put this on sticky
I agree that it should be put as a sticky.
I uploaded bbupdater with iBrickr. When I'm writing "bbupdater -v" into putty, it responses with "zsh: permission denied: bbupdater"
What can I do?
chmod +x ./bbupdater
Originally Posted by mikkel49
should I write the whole line in? (chmod +x ./bbupdater)
Originally Posted by eddy123
Because when I do that, it responses with "chmod: ./bbupdater: No such file or directory"
Thanks for the quick reply
chmod +x /usr/bin/bbupdater
When I type that in (chmod +x /usr/bin/bbupdater) it just creates a new line, and nothing else happens
I got it working now. I have bootloader 4.6.... crap, no unlock
Last edited by mikkel49; 12-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Why bother fooling around with bbupdater? Just look at the case. If it has the iTunes icon, it has bootloader 4.6.
By Nikolas.A in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
By idavid in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-08-2008, 09:03 PM
By Gomff in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM
By healeydave in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:28 PM
By wsxijn03 in forum General
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 10:29 PM