Discuss [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Activation + YouTube + Unlock (Windows) at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; ReVan's preface: After doing allot of trial n error on my own in finding the ...
[GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Activation + YouTube + Unlock (Windows)
ReVan's preface: After doing allot of trial n error on my own in finding the fastest, safest and easiest method to Downgrade the firmware and get rid of anySIM/iUnlock/geobot hw mess up on the Baseband and to restore it back to it's factory (untouched) state. This guide further emphasis on using only Erica's Unlock.app (which is the best way to unlock your phone without getting it bricked after upgrading to v1.1.1 but nevertheless you can unlock v1.1.1 because your seczone and NVRAM are still corrupt.anySIM messes up the seczone, NVRAM and baseband. This guide helps you fix the baseband only, so that you can downgrade your phone from v1.1.1 and use it flawlessly. Please wait for the Dev Team to release the complete virginizer software which will help you restore the seczone & NVRAM to its factory state. This will allow you to run anySIM v1.1.1 which will unlock your phone for v1.0.2 & v1.1.1
Files needed during the entire process: (You are strongly advised to download and keep these ready)
- iBrickr v0.91 (the best Windows to iPhone file system software)
- Saviour Pack (pay your respects to the Saviour Pack)
- wiNstaller (Prerequisites: .NET Framework v2.0)
- Erica's Unlock.app
- PACAY (aka ‘point and click activation with youtube’)
- iPhone v1.0.2 Restore firmware
First you need to Phase 1 then Phase 2 and finally Phase 3
Phase 1 :: Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2
- Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
- Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now. OR Use iBrickr v0.91 to help you get into DFU mode and restore v1.0.2
- iTunes will ask you if you want to restore. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your folder where you've downloaded and saved v1.0.2.
- When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTappInstaller and select firmware v1.0.2. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
- Close iTunes. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, find iTunesHelper.exe under processes and terminate it and run AppTapp again and select firmware v1.0.2
- Go to the folder where you extracted PACAY and start “(CLICK HERE) activate.bat”. Follow the steps on your screen. When it asks to power the iPhone off and on again: Hold the power button on the phone, slide the red slider, wait about 15 seconds and power the phone on again.
Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded + Activated w/YouTube.
Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14 and reversing anySIM/iUnlock messup's
I presume your iPhone is still connected to iTunes, if NOT then please do so... and keep it connected at ALL times.
- Extract the folder from the SaviourPack archive onto your drive.
- On the iPhone goto Settings > General > AutoLock > choose 'Never'
- Run iBrickr select Files, then goto /usr/bin/ and upload ALL the files ONE-by-ONE from the Saviour Pack folder.
- Press the Back link and come to the main screen of iBrickr. Now select Applications and follow the instructions to install PXL.
- Once your done, press Browse Applications and install MobileTerminal VT100 vsvn161 and ONLY then BSD Subsystem v1.5
- Run Mobile Terminal from your SpringBoard and type: TIP: Use the TAB key to auto complete commands/file/directory names
- Stop CommCenter by typing:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
- Give the bbupdater file read/write permission by typing:
- Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing:
- Execute this in the console, to give iEraser executable rights:
- Run iEraser by typing: Wait for a few seconds for the process to complete. This will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.
- Run the bbupdater command again. This time it will not find any baseband firmware: Expect a slight delay in speed while your typing
- Now we flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone by typing:
Press 'Enter' once and wait for 3mins 17 secs for it to complete. This will flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone. Please be patient and let the process complete. It's best that you DO NOT tamper with your phone
bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
- Now check to make sure it worked: Expect further delay in speed while typing. It should tell you the version is 3.14
Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded the Baseband/Modem firmware to 3.14
Phase 3 :: Unlocking your iPhone using Erica's Unlock.app
- Run wiNstaller by extracting all the files from the (wiNstaller.zip) archive into a folder called wiNstaller and execute the file wiNstallerGUI.exe
- Extract the Unlock.app folder from Unlock.zip onto a folder.
- In wiNstaller, click Install Application and browse to Unlock.app and click OK. wiNstaller will start installing and will tell you when it's completed its job by saying "Install Complete"
- Now you will find the Unlock icon on your SpringBoard. Click on it and click Start ONLY ONCE!!! Now leave your PC and iPhone for 20mins and when you come back you will see a message saying "Complete" on Unlock.app
- Poweroff your phone, put your SIM and Enjoy!
Congratulations! You've successfully unlocked your baseband by not corrupting it like anySIM 1.0.2/iUnlock does.
- Remove Unlock.app, as it's strongly advised not to run it twice. Use either iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser and delete the Unlock.app folder from /Applications/
- It's further advised not to leave the Mobile Terminal app on your springboard, lethal things can be done with it. Use iBrickr and goto Applications > on the right Fake iPhone screen, hit the red-minus button to uninstall 'Terminal'. Leave the BSD subsystem.
*****NOTE ON ERRORS*****
If you are getting this error with ieraser:
"Got header: 77 0b cc - Bus error"
It is because you didn't remove the .bin extension of the secpack. You need to make sure it is removed in windows by changing your folder view options to show extensions for known file types, OR in Mac by ctrl + click and going to get info and removing the extension under Name & Extension.
If you've liked my guides, please use the Thanks button.
Last edited by ReVan; 10-18-2007 at 10:39 AM.
░▒▓█ Working iPhone v1.1.3
░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
░▒▓█ [MOD] iVolume v2.0 beta ► Yes
So, if I follow exactly what u said, Ill have a factory virgin 1.1.1 iPhone, right? And then ill be able to use anySIM 1.1, unlock and use my 1.1.1 iPhone, is it correct ?
If I am right, if ur guide really does that, I wanted to know, I have an iPhone FW 1.0.2, I did NOT updated it, so, should I skip Phase 1? What should I do ?
Why would you do all this when an unlock is now available for 1.1.1?
Thank you very much for this guide im not going to upgrade to 1.1 until third party apps work fully on it
where is everyone getting anysim 1.1 when netkas has even release ie on the website i would like the pxl file so i can upload the aplication with ibrickr is way easier
now we'll just need one for OSX
I can't seem to activate my phone (step 6 of phase 1).
I updated my phone to 1.1.1 after using SimUnlock and I'm currently locked out (the whole please activate with an invalid IMEI number).
[Edit: Switching to another computer and running the PACAY batch file worked for me]
[Edit 2: When running the "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" command, I get "No such process". ]
[Edit 3: I just re-uploaded the files to my iPhone and it worked fine. Continuing the process now]
[Edit 4: Yay 1.0.2. If you are getting errors, my suggestion is to redownload/rezip the file. I had to format my iPhone twice before going through each step without a hitch.]
Last edited by MiltyKiss; 10-17-2007 at 09:55 AM.
first of all, i want to thank you for creating this tutorial. It's gonna be really helpful. Though i'm a bit confuse of what i'm supposed to do.
is this only work with iphone currently v1.1.1? after following through this tutorial, does that mean my phone is unlock with v.1.0.2 or v1.1.1?
my phone currently is v1.02 unlock, if i'm following Phase 1 and 2, should i upgrade it to v.1.1.1 and then unlock it using anySim. Is it possible since anysim now support v.1.1.1?
should i follow through this entire tutorial to have an 1.02 unlock phone then update my phone to 1.1.1 without bricking it?
Last edited by Giies; 10-17-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Any chance you could upload the Saviour Pack anywhere else?
I absolutely hate SendSpace - never seems to work.
click on link - get "The download link has been updated (error: #10).
You may now download the file."
click again - get "You cannot download more than one file at a time."
click again - get "advert"
then it just repeats over and over without giving the file.
By juanpa74 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-14-2008, 03:22 AM
By carlosvaldosta in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 07:35 AM
By mando in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
By yosoyelgerman in forum General
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 05:40 AM